An enhanced discovery service for distributed server platforms that helps you maintain an up-to-date inventory of your installed distributed software and hardware.
With Tivoli Asset Discovery you can quickly identify your distributed hardware and software inventory and use the information to minimize compliance risks and reduce usage related costs.
- Enables proactive management of IBM software bundles with an enhanced functionality and improved user interface. Helps you collect inventory and deployed software capacity data in multiple distributed physical and virtual environments, including VMWare
- Enables as needed monitoring of software usage for selected software products, providing trending information on frequency over time and helping determine over or under usage
- Includes a robust Software Catalog with a focus on IBM and other top ISV vendors, supported by a customer prioritized request process and ability to add custom signatures
- Provides improved reporting confidence with scan history for inventory and PVU full and sub-capacity data and the capability for custom reports
- Add IBM Tivoli Asset Discovery for z/OS for mainframe discovery and Tivoli Endpoint Manager Software Use Analysis for desktop/workstation discovery
- Faster time to value with improved usability, installability and best practices. Operating systems supported: AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Windows, i5/OS, Novell Linux, Red Hat Linux, SuSE Linux