Getting Started with the on-line Service Request tool
Note: The term service request is sometimes referred to as PMR (Problem Management Record).
The Service Request tool is a much faster and more convenient way for you to keep track of the status of your service request.
1. Create an IBM ID
Go to the IBM Support Portal at http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Open_service_request/
Click "Sign in to the IBM Support Portal" link
Click the "Register Now" link and complete the registration using your email as your IBM ID
* If you have an existing IBM ID enter with password, click Submit and skip to #2
After completing the registration, from the top navigator select Support and Download, Open a Technical Service Request
Enter your IBM ID and password
2. Register for Basic Caller access to an ICN
Click the "Service request self nomination link"
3. Complete the simple 4 step registration process
1. Request access by enter the ICN, selecting the country and clicking the "Submit" button
2. Verify email address and click the "Send verification email" button
3. Enter registration code from the verification email received and click "Submit" button
Sample verification email:
4. Registration Complete, click "Open a new service request" from the left navigator to create your PMR