The Service Request tool is a fast and convenient way to create and update service requests online. Note: The term "service request" is also referred to as a Problem Management Report or PMR.
Registering for IBM Service Request requires a few steps.
1. Access IBM Service Request via the IBM Support Portal at: http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/
2. Enter your IBM login ID and password and click Sign in.
- If you do not have an IBM ID, click Create IBM ID, and follow the instructions to create your ID/password.
- Note: If you are already authenticated, then continue to the next step.
3. Validate your email address.
- If it is your first time using the Service request tool, you will see the following message stating that your email is not validated and you are not registered.
- Click the Continue button to begin email validation.
- Note: If your email address is already validated with IBM, then continue to Step 7. user registration screen - your email is not validated.
4. Click Send verification email to receive your registration/verification code.
5. Enter the registration code that was sent via email into the “Registration code” field and click Submit.
- Note: The email with the verification code is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and has the subject "IBM Software Support registration: Please verify your email address".
6. Email verification complete.
- Click Continue.
7. Registration: Click Continue to register with IBM Service Request.
8. Enter your IBM customer number, select the country, and click Submit.
- To register a hardware system, enter the machine type and serial number and click Submit.
9. Scroll to the bottom of the Support Registrations page to see the status of your request.
- If your Site Technical Contact (STC) or SR Administrator allows automatic approval for Basic access, then your request is complete and your additional customer number will be listed under "Existing access" at the bottom of the Support Registrations page.
- Otherwise, your request will be routed for approval and listed as "Pending."
10. Once you have been approved, click "Return to Service Request" located near the top left of the page to begin working with service requests.
IBM Service Request Quick Start Playlist on YouTube
IBM Service Request videos on IBM Education Assistant channel (Scroll down to "IBM Service Request" section.)
If you are experiencing a problem registering with IBM Electronic Support and you would like to request assistance, please use the support request form at https://www-946.ibm.com/sr/help/sr_helpdesk.html.