Announcement letter dates are US only. Information for other country announcements is available on the IBM Offering Information page.
AIX 5L for POWER
- License type1
- Lifecycle policy4
AIX technology levels are supported for how to, usage, and problem identification for the entire life of the release, but have a limited support window for new fixes. If a fix is required, a customer may be required to move up to a current technology level to receive the interim fix. Please see the IBM AIX Operating System Service Strategy Details and Best Practices document for a detailed discussion on this topic including dates. In general, beginning with AIX 5L™ V5.2, the AIX life cycle is being extended to a minimum 10-year life cycle. A minimum of six years of usage and fix support will be available to clients under the standard SWMA. Following that period, three years of extended support will be available under an optional, separately priced service extension. After the extended support period, IBM will provide client self-assist service on the Internet. Clients will have access to online product documentation, technical support data, and online fix downloads for one year after the extended support period.
Last updated: 29-Jan-2013.
- Visit IBM's base license agreement information page for more information about ILAN and IPLA licenses. IBM Customer Agreement (ICA) terms are provided with your ICA Program software; you can also read an online version of the ICA (PDF format; get the Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Lifecycle date definitions:
- General Availability (GA)
- The latest date that a version/release of the product is available to all users, regardless of language or media. A product version/release is not published on the Lifecycle web site until the GA date.
- End of Support (EOS)
- The last date on which IBM will deliver standard support services for a given version/release of a product.
- End of Marketing (EOM)
- The effective date on which a part number ceases to be included as active and can no longer be ordered in standard price lists.
- Some announcement letters may not be available for some product releases.
- Visit IBM's software support lifecycle policy page for more information.