IBM Security zSecure™ can help you comply with industry regulations, enhance security intelligence, improve identity governance, reduce costs and protect your enterprise while supporting new cloud, mobile and big data applications. The family of IBM Security zSecure solutions can help you create the ultimate security platform, safeguard enterprise compliance and remain vigilant against threats.
IBM Security zSecure suite V2.2 (RFA) delivers:
Integration with IBM Security Identity Governance:
- Analyze, define, control user access, report on separation of duties conflicts and access risks for RACF and Mainframe based applications
Currency with z/OS V2.2, CICS V5.3 and IMS 14 including:
- RACF V2.2 integration, which includes support for the new ROAUDITOR attribute
- Support for the new TSO PASSWORDPREPROMPT option for LOGON
- Support for z/OS UNIX V2R2 enhancements, including those that enable giving out more limited access to auditors through use of the new FSEXEC class (controlling file execute permissions) and the SUPERUSER.FILESYS.DIRSRCH resource in the UNIXPRIV class (allows reading all directories without providing exemption from controls in the FSACCESS class)
- Support for new SMF records, including more extensive support for the following types: SMF 42-27 (VTOC update records), SMF 90-37 (changes to the APF list), SMF 82 (ICSF). Basic support for the following: SMF 121 (Java statistics), SMF 106 (Base Control Program internal interface (BCPii) activity), SMF 87 (GRS Monitoring), SMF 29 (IMS ODBM accounting)
Enhanced compliance, auditing, and monitoring:
- Extended rule-based compliance evaluation framework to include additional automation and coverage for compliance verification
- Extended support for the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Enhanced automated compliance framework workflow
- Additional SMF records sent to QRadar SIEM
Support for enhanced RACF password security
Usability enhancements, including:
- Enhanced data that is sent to QRadar SIEM
- Updates to the Access Monitor User Interface
Statement of general direction - Support for 64-bit addressing:
In the future, zSecure support for 64-bit addressing is planned. This support is intended to provide enhanced scalability and performance, enabling larger volumes of data to be processed centrally for consolidated security intelligence and compliance reporting. For flexibility, customers will have the choice of whether they use 31-bit or 64-bit addressing.
IBM Security zSecure suite V2.1.1 (RFA) features:
- New IBM Security zSecure™ Adapters for QRadar® SIEM collects, formats and sends enriched mainframe audit records to IBM Security QRadar SIEM to be included in the enterprise-wide integrated security information and event management (SIEM), log management, anomaly detection, incident forensics and configuration and vulnerability management.
Enhanced zSecure mainframe security intelligence provides additional information collection and reporting including IBM MQ for z/OS®, InfoSphere® Guardium®, IBM DB2® and compliance framework testing.
- BM MQ for z/OS support that provides sensitivity levels to sensitive data sets and resources for compliance requirements.
- IBM InfoSphere Guardium information collection, where IBM Security zSecure suite passes access control list analysis data for all System Authorization Facility (SAF) protected IBM DB2 object types to InfoSphere Guardium for more comprehensive reporting.
- DB2 reports for all SAF protected DB2 objects including both internal—DB2—and external—Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) or Access Control Facility (ACF2) access control analysis.
- Extensions for easy compliance audit reporting for the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Integration with IBM Security QRadar SIEM supports custom reporting for information from zSecure, including event mapping and custom fields for SMF records.
- Usability enhancements such as Access Monitor extensions and web Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) capabilities.
IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM 1.11.2 enhancements:
- Compliance framework support
Upgrade to the latest version of IBM Security zSecure suite
Use your IBM Software Subscription and Support benefits to upgrade to the newest version of IBM Security zSecure suite. Learn more about IBM Software Subscription and Support benefits.
Webinar: Reducing Risk for the Crown Jewels on your Mainframe
Best practices, control and auditing to reduce risk
Creating the Ultimate Security Platform
Discover how IBM System z delivers proactive protection for data, web, cloud, mobile and enterprise environments.
Download the white paper
Security intelligence for mainframe environments
Get integrated threat analysis, real-time alerts, audit consolidation and compliance reporting across the enterprise.
Download the white paper
Secure the Enterprise with Confidence
Why firms looking for a secure data and application platform should consider the Mainframe
Read the Forrester Paper