Rational Open Access RPG Edition
Access new devices and resources with extensions for RPG applications
IBM® Rational® Open Access RPG Edition provides the runtime enablement for the I/O handlers that are developed to extend ILE RPG I/O capabilities to new resources and devices. It allows programmers to use the simple, well-understood RPG I/O model to access new devices and resources that are not directly supported by RPG. Rational Open Access RPG Edition is a full-featured version of the limited support provided by native RPG SPECIAL files.
Rational Open Access RPG Edition software:
- Accesses multiple devices and resources such as mobile devices, web services, cloud resources, external databases, XML files and spreadsheets.
- Supports existing handlers provided by third parties , including software vendors, business partners, service organizations and open-source software.
- Takes advantage of existing RPG programming skills by enabling RPG developers to access the resource or device in their applications using native RPG file specifications and I/O operations.
- Supports RPG IV language enhancements including the addition of ILE, which enables you to write modular, reusable code following programming best practices.
- Is a technology that is now included at no additional charge with the IBM i RPG compiler and runtime (Rational Open Access RPG Edition was formerly a priced, keyed offering)
This page outlines system requirements for a server running IBM® Rational® Open Access: RPG Edition
For more information:
To learn more about Rational Open Access: RPG Edition V1.1, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner.