Rational expert: Peter Eeles
• Promote the practice of software architecture through books, articles, and presentations.
• Aligned the application of RUP with J2EE and wrote a book about it: Building J2EE
• Applications with the Rational Unified Process.
• Contributed to the IBM Rational “Principles of Architecting Software Systems” course.
As an executive IT architect for IBM Rational Software, Peter Eeles assists organizations in their adoption of the IBM Rational Unified Process® and the IBM software delivery platform, primarily in architecture-centric initiatives. In conjunction with this work, Peter also helps them with organizational transformation.
In the software industry since 1985, Peter has spent a large part of his career architecting and implementing large-scale, distributed systems. Prior to joining Rational, he was a founding member of Integrated Objects, where he was responsible for the development of a distributed object infrastructure. This technology was used by System Software Associates (an ERP solutions provider) and by Mobile Systems International (a telecoms solutions provider), where Peter also held positions.
Peter’s key areas of expertise include agile development.
- "What is a software architecture"?
- "Characteristics of a software architect"
- "The benefits of software architecting"
- "Realizing service-oriented solutions with the IBM Rational Software Development Platform"