- Designed, administered and contributes regularly to the Rational online Café set of online communities for: COBOL (CICS, DB2 and IMS), RPG, EGL and C++ technologies. (see http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/index.jspa )
- Designed, delivered and administers the quarterly EGL and Rational Developer for System z online user group meetings
- Developed, delivered and administered distance learning workshops for EGL (Rational Business Developer/Enterprise Generation Language) and trained more than 800 developers worldwide.
- Launched quarterly newsletter targeted to more than 1,000 EGL developers and interested parties worldwide. (see http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/products/egl/EGLTechDoc2.pdf (239KB) )
- Authored compendium of development how to’s and best practices for EGL/SOA and Java Server Faces (JSF).
Jonathan Sayles is a technical sales specialist at IBM Rational Software, where he conducts presentations, seminars and training courses, and produces educational materials. His more than 30 years in the IT education and computer industries encompasses work within both academic and corporate organizations. He has also been engaged as a software developer/designer/consultant, educator, and author, with a focus on relational database, IDE, and object technologies.
In addition to authoring/publishing fifteen books, Jon has written and published more than 150 articles in technical journals, and served as technical editor for several IT magazines. He is also co-author of a recent IBM Redbook on EGL (Enterprise Generation Language).