Streams & Tracks
The Innovate curriculum is aligned to 3 streams that encompass 30+ tracks which help frame sessions and content throughout the event.
Technology is changing the world we live in. Cloud, Mobile, Cognitive Computing and the Internet of Things are all impacting the way we live and the way we interact. Get up to speed with these innovations, here and now! This stream explores these emerging technologies and their implications for software delivery and product development.
Speed delivery of increasingly complex and connected products by accelerating learning throughout the lifecycle, while managing cost, quality and risk.
Deliver a differentiated and engaging customer experience, achieve quicker time to value, and gain increased capacity to innovate.
- Cloud DevelopmentThere are more than 18 million software developers worldwide yet less than 25 percent are developing for the cloud today. As the industry moves to the cloud era, millions of developers are looking to access tools and services that will enable them to leverage this fast-emerging opportunity. With a broad cloud portfolio and deep expertise, IBM can help you innovate and realize the benefits of cloud fast by developing cloud and mobile applications on a leading-edge cloud platform, being agile using self-service infrastructure with instant deployment, and by providing business users with the innovative applications they need. Sessions in this track will focus on IBM solutions, including DevOps Services, that leverage public, private and hybrid clouds to deliver an provides an open, integrated development experience that scales.
- Discover RationalSoftware and Product delivery is a team sport. We all specialize in one domain or another, but how can we learn about what others on the team are doing, about what goes on outside our cubicle walls? Let us introduce you to a variety of IBM Rational solutions that enable businesses to deliver products and services in a more productive, effective, predictable and prioritized way. Come learn something new, to help improve the way you develop and deliver software and products and ultimately unleash innovation@speed!
- IBM and Partner IntegrationsToday’s rapidly changing business challenges have caused technology to become an even more critical factor in how a business operates. Innovate@speed with software and product delivery is the way to new efficiencies, differentiated products and services, and opportunities that come with change. Sessions in this track showcase how IBM and IBM Business Partner solutions and technologies help organizations manage their software investments and enable them to do more with less. Sessions include real-life case studies, details on integrations with IBM and IBM Rational products, tips and tricks, and technical solutions that are changing the way companies do business.
- ImagineScience fiction author William Gibson is quoted as saying, “The future is already here—it’s just not evenly distributed.” Together, IBM Rational and IBM Research are investigating, envisioning, and inventing the future of software and systems engineering@speed. This track gives you insights into how the world is changing, what it means for your development organization and your business, and what we can do to take advantage of these changes. Presentations range from general technology outlooks to specific investigations and prototypes to address the problems you will be confronting—sooner than you think. Top researchers and development experts are on hand to answer your questions.
- Internet of ThingsRegardless of what type of engineering you do... The Internet of Things will have an impact on your development activities. By 2020 each of us will own around 10 connected devices. These devices will be connected to various clouds, and helping you gain insights across the enterprise and your life... Rational is helping our customers make connected devices, gain insights from connected data, and develop new mobile and cloud applications for your enterprise and your customers. Come see how to make we can make the Internet of Things real—Together.
- Mobile DevelopmentInterested in transforming business via mobile? You are not alone. As mobile usage continues to grow worldwide, delivering high quality mobile applications is becoming increasingly important for businesses motivated to interact with their customers and employees via mobile. While aspects of mobile application development align with traditional software, the definition of quality and velocity of mobile app delivery are very different. It is clear that adopting a comprehensive DevOps approach to mobile app development is helping organizations, like yours, to rapidly respond to feedback from users and deliver highly engaging, quality mobile apps. This track will explore DevOps capabilities and how organizations have applied them successfully as part of their overall mobile strategy
- Watson and Cognitive ComputingWatson has the potential to change the world, but it cannot write its own code - at least not yet! Until then, come to three, featured afternoon sessions to learn: how IBM used DevOps to incubate Watson from an IBM Research project into a trustworthy, commercial platform; how the Watson Developer Ecosystem can help you develop cognitive computing capabilities to add to your applications; and how to build, deploy and run those applications entirely in the cloud using BlueMix, IBM’s cloud platform, and DevOps Services for BlueMix, IBM’s open, integrated DevOps solution in the cloud.