Streams & Tracks
The Innovate curriculum is aligned to 3 streams that encompass 30+ tracks which help frame sessions and content throughout the event.
Today’s successful companies are recognizing that software is increasingly a competitive advantage for their business. An enterprise capability for continuous software delivery can enable organizations to seize market opportunities, respond more rapidly to customer feedback, and balance speed, cost, quality and risk.
By applying lean and agile principles across the software delivery lifecycle, DevOps helps successful teams deliver a differentiated and engaging customer experience, achieve quicker time to value, and gain increased capacity to innovate. Come and learn how DevOps can accelerate your organization's software delivery capability as IBM executives, renowned subject matter experts and distinguished customers share best practices, solutions and real-world examples.
Speed delivery of increasingly complex and connected products by accelerating learning throughout the lifecycle, while managing cost, quality and risk.
- AgileAgile is maturing. In fact, 81% of teams surveyed have over a year of experience with Agile, according to a recent Agile Maturity benchmark report commissioned by IBM and the Scrum Alliance. So teams are focusing on bigger challenges than getting started. To gain a competitive edge, teams must accelerate software innovation and delivery while reducing time to customer feedback by applying Lean and Agile principles across the entire software delivery lifecycle – not just team by team. Sessions in this track will cover how to scale Agile to the enterprise including real world tips for successful Agile adoption, extending Agile practices to large and distributed teams, and practical guidance on how to effectively adapt Agile, leveraging market -leading frameworks, and addressing issues such as regulatory compliance, outsourcing, and complex development across platforms.
- Architecture and DesignIBM solutions and technologies help best-in-class companies to architect and design systems and applications that not only drive market advantage but are also adaptable to scalability and future needs. Providing benefits and insights to architects, software engineers and those responsible for design, Architecture & Design sessions will feature best practices, methodologies, demos and real-life experiences in the field of design. Sessions will focus on patterns and practices (SOA, Mobile, Web) that aid in the creation of robust and resilient architectures that help manage software complexity, bringing in agility and collaboration in design.
- Change and Configuration ManagementCCM DevOps: IBM Rational offers the largest set of Software Configuration and Management tools in the market. These sessions will focus on IT customers and their best practices in using collaborative development, planning and software configuration management. We will discuss migration capabilities from complex Software configuration management tools to Rational Team Concert. Large client deployments, scalability and performance best practices, customization of the work-flows will also be part of these sessions.
- Collaborative DevelopmentKeeping a competitive advantage requires the continuous innovation of ideas and the ability to translate them into products and services that bring value to your customers. Collaborative development keeps teams productive, helps them remove unnecessary project risk and slash costs as they evolve business ideas into a high quality software solution. Sessions in this track will cover best practices for getting the most value out of collaborative development supporting a DevOps approach including incremental adoption of lean and agile principles across the software lifecycle, unifying defects, tools, globally distributed teams, multiple platforms, and SAP environments.
- Continuous Business PlanningDelivering business value while mitigating risks and pitfalls. Continuously plan, measure and bring business strategy and customer feedback into the development lifecycle. Market volatility, increasing competition and decreasing product life cycles are forcing organizations to move to a much more rapid, continuous planning cycle. To meet this challenge, speed of software delivery needs to be complemented and governed through informed decisions based on business needs and right planning cycles, which are further integrated with downstream development for operational excellence. Join us to exchange best practices and knowledge with peers of Portfolio, Product, Demand & Delivery Management solutions, along with Multi-sourcing governance solutions, helping organizations of all sizes and across all industries. Learn how to take advantage of innovative approaches to maximize the business value and outcomes of getting products to market faster and cheaper and to reduce overall cost and improve strategic importance of existing assets.
- Continuous Testing and Quality ManagementMany companies adopting a DevOps approach are realizing that faster delivery of high quality software requires continuous testing. But given today's complex application environments, this is easier said than done. It requires streamlined processes, sound quality management and testing practices, collaboration with development and operations, and the right level of automation. This topic will discuss the changing role of the tester while sharing real world experiences and best practices to effectively manage software quality across the lifecycle - including integration, functional, and performance testing. Sessions will also share how service virtualization is a key enabler for earlier and continuous testing to increase efficiency, reduce testing costs, and accelerate software releases.
- DevOpsToday’s successful companies are recognizing that software is increasingly a competitive advantage for their business. An enterprise capability for continuous software delivery can enable organizations to seize market opportunities, respond more rapidly to customer feedback, and balance speed, cost, quality and risk. By applying lean and agile principles across the software delivery lifecycle, DevOps helps successful teams deliver a differentiated and engaging customer experience, achieve quicker time to value, and gain increased capacity to innovate. Come and learn how DevOps can accelerate your organization's software delivery capability as IBM executives, renowned subject matter experts and distinguished customers share best practices, solutions and real-world examples.
- Enterprise ArchitectureDisruptive technologies such as mobile, cloud, and SaaS demand continuous business planning to be able to react to, and take advantage of, an onrush of new technical capabilities. Enterprise architecture (EA) has taken the spotlight as the way to effectively understand impact and plan fast, effective, and cost-efficient business transformation. EA supports strategy, analysis, and planning by providing stakeholders a blueprint of the current state of the business and IT landscape, so you can intelligently plan the desired future state. Join us. Evaluate your current EA strategy and exchange best practices with peers. See how, by making EA a part of Continuous Business Planning in a broader DevOps solution, delivery of applications can be streamlined by ensuring they comply with architectural standards and you can perform impact analysis as release plans shift. Sessions will also focus on Agile Enterprise Architecture, Application Portfolio Management (APM), business transformation, disaster recovery planning, server consolidation, commercial frameworks (TOGAF, Archimate), defense-related frameworks (DoDAF, MODAF, NAF), and also provide customer stories of how architects, decision makers, and stakeholders collaborate on the impact of disruptive technologies and business initiatives and plan the way forward.
- Enterprise Development for AIX, IBM i, and Linux on IBM PowerContrary to popular belief, application development for AIX, IBM i, and Linux on Power is vibrant and state-of-the-art. Gone are the days when the only choices are to use “green screen” interfaces or unsupported and untested open source tools to create, maintain and extend business critical applications. By implementing Rational DevOps solutions for AIX, IBM i and Linux on Power, organizations can maximize their IT investments by leveraging existing application infrastructure, people and budgets as they employ modern tools, use agile methodologies, and build Web and mobile applications that integrate with enterprise applications all from a single integrated development and test platform. They can also improve performance of their applications with the latest compiler technologies that are designed to exploit POWER architecture, including new POWER8 processors. Sessions in this topic track focus on how our solutions help organizations provide business innovation and lower operating costs, while at the same time boosting individual and team productivity and application performance. We'll explore the benefits and techniques for moving Linux applications to the Power platform. Hear success stories and best practices from our customers, partners and experts who have already adopted or developed our DevOps solutions.
- Enterprise Development for System zDiscover best practices and tools for implementing continuous delivery on IBM System z, and positively impacting your bottom line. Your mission-critical, enterprise applications contain a wealth of data and business logic that can be leveraged to provide substantial momentum for your business. With the IBM DevOps approach for System z, you'll be able to accelerate delivery of new services by transforming culture, processes, and tools. Enterprise DevOps from IBM helps deliver modern applications and new workloads by leveraging mobile, cloud, social, and big data. This topic will showcase the latest tools and compilers from IBM as well as success stories and best practices from our customers and partners covering multi-platform development, test, release, deployment, and lifecycle management. Learn how the IBM DevOps approach for System z enables enterprises to optimize productivity and performance while extending back office applications and data to cloud and mobile delivery channels.
- Enterprise Modernization: DevOps for Multiplatform ApplicationsYour business depends on speed with which IT can deliver software. While it's critical that software delivery be meaningful and timely, you are confronted with regulatory hurdles, process complexity, skills gaps, organizational silos, and multiple platforms, resulting in long release cycles, unnecessary delays, and wasted resources. To speed the delivery of these multiplatform applications, businesses are embracing DevOps, an enterprise capability for continuous software delivery that focuses on automation, collaboration, and efficiency without sacrificing stability and quality of operational systems. Join us to find out how IT organizations in industries where stability and compliance are paramount are adopting DevOps to deliver quantifiable business results. The track will focus on issues, best practices, and success stories of clients that have challenged the status-quo and are making DevOps a reality – across multiple platforms spanning mobile to System z and Power Systems.
- Monitor and OptimizeMonitor and Optimize: Exceed service levels with improved visibility and continuous feedback across the software lifecycle. Improve customer experiences for web or mobile applications, with visual evidence and full context, to help analyze customer behavior and pinpoint customer struggles. DevOps Monitoring solutions offer enterprise-class, easy-to-use reporting that helps developers and testers understand the performance and availability of their application while DevOps Optimizing solutions maximize the value of every customer visit and ensure that more transactions are completed successfully.
- Rational Deployment for AdministratorsA Rational environment's scalability, performance, flexibility, availability, and ongoing maintenance effort is defined by choices that our customers make when determining how they will deploy and maintain our products in their environment, and decisions that Rational makes during the development lifecycle of our products. This track is designed for the people in your organization who are responsible for deploying, administering, tracking, and maintaining any Rational solutions. Unlike the individual product tracks which focus on product functionality, this track will present and solicit feedback on the broader aspects of Rational deployment including: designing, installing, configuring, integrating, upgrading, licensing, and administering Rational environments. This track, with the associated Enterprise Deployment VoiCE session on Sunday 1st June and Birds of a Feather sessions, will continue to strengthen the Rational Deployment wiki and community for customers, business partners and Rational staff. As part of this track, you will influence Rational's direction on the broad aspects of deployment strategy, including: installation, licensing, product & solution deployment direction, deployment guidance and best practice.
- Release and DeployMarket pressures are forcing organizations to develop and release software faster than ever. While technologies like virtualization and cloud have enabled organizations to increase productivity and reduce costs, applications and IT environments have grown more complex, resulting in software delivery bottlenecks. Eliminating repetitive and error-prone manual steps throughout that process, including the deployment of components, multiple application releases and the provisioning of environments, provides organizations with the capability to rapidly deliver software. In this track, learn about solutions and best practices that drive down cost by eliminating errors and rework, speed time to market through automated, repeatable deployment processes, and reduce risk through higher quality application releases and end-to-end, software delivery transparency.
- Requirements ManagementIBM Rational's Requirements Management solutions can help DevOps and IT projects performing business process improvement to align business processes and IT systems to business goals and regulations. For software development projects, Requirements Management helps ensure that the delivered product, system or software meets the customer's needs. Requirements Management solution, helps increase the quality of software for business or mission critical systems, and of software development projects by improving stakeholder communication and collaboration.