Scott Adams is the creator of Dilbert, the comic strip that runs in over 2,000 newspapers worldwide, on Dilbert.com, and all over the Internet. He has been a banker, software developer, hypnotist, CEO of Scott Adams Foods, owner of two restaurants, inventor and serial entrepreneur. Those experiences are the backdrop for his newest book on success: How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big.
Gene Kim, founder and CTO of Tripwire, has written three books, including The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win. He is a huge fan of IT operations and how it can enable developers to maximize throughput without causing chaos and disruption to the IT environment.
Monday General Session: Innovate@SPEED
Monday, June 2 | 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Pacific Hall
We all need to Innovate@SPEED. Kristof Kloeckner will kick off Innovate 2014 with technical insights to accelerate business delivery cycles with confidence and trusted outcomes. How do we deliver Efficiency@SPEED, Value@SPEED and Growth@SPEED? Technical leaders from IBM and our clients will deliver strong positions on Cloud, Mobile, Security, DevOps and Continuous Engineering in crisp, punchy 5-minute speed talks.
Kristof's opening keynote will be a catalyst for an intense week of community sharing and networking, focusing on how IBM and its partners can help you become fast, agile and competitive.
Nuclear Technology, Fortum
Senior Project Manager
Cross-Divisional Group, Bosch
Chief Creative Officer
Application Development Center, Nationwide Insurance
Tuesday General Session: Transformation@SPEED
Tuesday, June 3 | 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Pacific Hall
Steve Mills, Senior Vice President and Group Executive, IBM Software and Systems, will kick off this session with a lively discussion of how IBM has transformed its software development culture. Challenged by the integration of 100s of acquisitions, 1000s of demanding clients and 10,000s of practitioners, what are the key platform, measurement and methods that have enabled IBM's Software Group to be steerable and agile enough to lead the market? Gene Kim, the founder and CTO of Tripwire and author of The Phoenix Project, will present his experience and insights in the cultural transformation associated with DevOps, and maximizing throughput of features from "code complete" to "in production," without causing chaos and disruption to the collaboration between development and operations. Finally, Scott Adams, Dilbert's creator and author of How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, will inspire us with his entertaining perspective on transforming your career. Join this session to hear from innovation leaders on the make it or break it insights needed to succeed in today's transforming enterprises.
Senior Vice President and Group Executive
IBM Software and Systems
Founder and CTO
Speed Delivery of Increasingly Complex and Connected Products with Continuous Engineering
Monday, June 2 |10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Southern I-III
- Keynote DescriptionToday's products and systems—from medical devices to cars to smart power grid—are becoming more intelligent, instrumented and interconnected. To lead a market, a manufacturer must be able to manage the complexity of designing systems of systems, and also be agile enough to address the constant change occurring within an Internet of Things (IoT). Successful manufacturers must be able to engage in continuous engineering to address the ever increasing pressure to rethink, redesign, reintegrate, and re-innovate—to continuously improve their products and systems.
Join this keynote to learn how IBM is helping companies benefit from continuous engineering. You will hear from industry leaders about how continuous engineering is positively impacting their bottom line. Finally, you will learn how IBM is investing in core continuous engineering capabilities, including:
— Unlocking Engineering Knowledge – "Turn Insight into Outcomes"
— Continuous Verification – "Measure twice, cut once"
— Strategic Reuse – "Don't reinvent the wheel"
Monday, June 2 | 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Pacific Hall
- Keynote DescriptionYou've heard that DevOps can cut software delivery cycles from months to days or even hours. Well, how about minutes? Join us as we show you, live. It's a day-in-the-life experience designed to blow back your ears and ignite your imagination. We'll design, build, test and deploy a fully functional mobile application, integrated with back-end services, using a mix of on-prem and cloud services, all with quality and confidence—and all in minutes. While our developers are busy creating, we'll provide close-up views of the most exciting new innovations in agile development, service virtualization, release and deployment, monitoring, DevOps-as-a-platform service, and more. Plus, we'll share client experience, key practice improvement priorities, and a new outcome-based adoption model. Enterprise capability for continuous innovation—are you ready for DevOps@SPEED?
Dynamic Cloud: A Growth Engine for Business
Monday, June 2 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Northern C
- Keynote DescriptionCompanies today are choosing cloud to deliver responsive IT, enable "composable" business, and innovate the way people work. These composable businesses can only be realized through a dynamic cloud environment, one able to meet the fast changing demands of the business; able to adapt how and where workloads run to meet new requirements. A Dynamic Cloud leverages the speed and cost benefits of a public cloud; the security and control of a private cloud; and maximizes return on existing IT investments. Join us on the path to a Dynamic Cloud, where DevOps can facilitate an environment in which business leaders, developers and IT managers work more closely to quickly respond to business opportunities. It's all about access, speed, innovation, ease of application movement, and ultimately growth—new revenue streams, new partners to collaborate with, new sources of innovation and new ways to bring these to life.
MobileFirst: Rapid Delivery of Truly Engaging Mobile Experiences to Drive Business Success
Monday, June 2 | 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Northern C
- Keynote DescriptionSuccessful companies are driving rapid innovation by leveraging mobile technologies to deliver new value to customers, employees and partners. But realizing the full potential of mobile requires an end-to-end strategy, especially for those building and securing mobile apps which are destined to be the face of business to these users. Key to such a strategy is a constant focus on the user, understanding their needs, delivering what really matters to them and responding rapidly to their feedback.
Join IBM MobileFirst technical leaders in this keynote to discover how IBM is helping organizations drive their mobile strategy forward with a DevOps approach to mobile app delivery, creating the highest quality mobile apps and turning every interaction into an opportunity to create value.
Finally, you will learn how IBM is investing in core DevOps capabilities, focused on mobile systems of engagement, including:
— Continuous Testing and Quality – "Deliver what truly matters"
— Collaborative Development – "Your mobile team is bigger than you think"
— Continuous Delivery – "Respond rapidly through automation and integration"
Internet of Things
Monday, June 2 | 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Northern C
- Keynote DescriptionRegardless of what type of engineering you do... The Internet of Things will have an impact on your development activities. As more and more of these connected devices are made available they will be interacting across all aspects of life, from home and family to work and enterprise. These connected devices will interoperate with other devices in the cloud allowing you to gain insights across the enterprise and across all aspects of your life.... Rational is helping our customers make connected devices, gain insights from connected data, and develop new mobile and cloud applications for your enterprise and your customers.
Come hear industry experts and IBM leaders describe the challenges and solutions that are being used to drive engineering in the Internet of Things. Come see how we can make the Internet of Things real—Together.
Will You Be the Next Market Disruptor: Developing Next Generation Cognitive Apps with Watson
Monday, June 2 | 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. | Dolphin Hotel – Northern C
- Keynote DescriptionWatson represents a transformational shift into the era of cognitive computing where software interacts with users much like a human, understands natural language, and learns through interaction. Find out how organizations are gaining first mover advantage, differentiating versus the competition, and delivering innovation to their industry. Learn how the Watson Developer Cloud allows developers to embed Watson's disruptive technology into their software, how it empowers their organization to use information in new ways, and how current partners are developing with Watson today.