Both IBM and Rational® software were founding members of the initial Eclipse.org consortium in 2001. Today, IBM Rational is a Strategic Member of the Eclipse Foundation.
Eclipse benefits the entire development team
Rational and Eclipse help you develop software more efficiently. The Eclipse Platform:
Software engineering leadership in action
The Eclipse Foundation cultivates both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products, capabilities, and services. Rational helps to evolve Eclipse by:
- Enhancing the core Eclipse Platform (link resides outside of ibm.com).
- Providing leadership, resources, and expertise to the Test and Performance Tools Platform project (link resides outside of ibm.com). and to the Web Tools Platform project (link resides outside of ibm.com).
- Contributing resources to various technology projects, including the Process Framework Project (link resides outside of ibm.com).
Rational software powered by Eclipse technology
Several Rational products are built directly on top of the Eclipse Platform.
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere® Software A comprehensive IDE that enables you to design, develop, analyze, test, profile, and deploy Web, Web services, Java™, J2EE, and portal applications. Download trial
- IBM Rational Functional Tester An advanced, automated, functional and regression testing tool for testers and GUI developers who need superior control for testing Java, VS.NET, and Web-based applications. Download trial
- IBM Rational Method Composer A flexible process platform containing processes and tools for use throughout IT Lifecycle Management (ITLM). Download trial
- IBM Rational Performance Tester A performance test creation, execution, and analysis tool for teams validating the scalability and reliability of complex applications before deployment. Download trial
- IBM Rational Software Architect A comprehensive design and construction tool for software architects and model-driven developers for creating applications running on the Java platform or in C++. Download trial