Global companies need to realize the benefits of their investment in technology solutions as quickly and as extensively as possible. To enable that, IBM offers a flexible and scalable suite of services to expedite and extend the value of IBM Emptoris Strategic Supply Management solutions for Procurement that can be tailored to meet a company's unique needs and business objectives.
IBM service professionals not only have a deep knowledge of Emptoris Strategic Supply Management solutions, but also a deep understanding of the technology and business requirements that underlie successful spend, supply and contract management strategies. Services include:
Services to maximize solution adoption and ROI, as well as develop best practices, opportunity assessment and sourcing event management.
- Sourcing Event Management – Complete sourcing event management and support capabilities for all commodity categories. Full- and custom-service levels are available to accommodate your unique requirements.
- Advanced Sourcing Service – Combine full-service Sourcing Event Management with advanced optimization and analysis techniques, and a custom-built performance environment, to support complex spend categories and large scale events.
- Opportunity Assessment – Identification and prioritization of sourcing opportunities, leveraging spend data and other secondary inputs. This includes opportunity modeling, presentation and report development, opportunity prioritization assistance, and program planning.
- Contract Process Integration and Compliance – Design and implementation of advanced contract management program to support strategic objectives including supplier performance management and active compliance management.
- Supplier Assessment Model Development – Supplier assessment model development including requirements gathering, assessment of content development, software implementation and testing, documentation and system rollout.
Services to educate and train internal users and suppliers on the basic and advanced applications of IBM Emptoris Strategic Supply Management solutions:
IBM offers courses that provide hands on training and knowledge of:
- Spend Analysis Education
- Sourcing Education
- Supplier Lifecycle Management Education
- Contract Management Education
- Services Procurement Education
Full training schedules and descriptions are available at IBM.com/training.
Services to enable successful implementation and integration of solutions and ensure proper availability and functionality
- Software Installation – Technical Services for a behind-the-firewall software implementation designed to aid your organization in the installation of development, test, and production sites.
- Technical Launch Support – Technical Services for launch support is a follow-on service to the software implementation to assist customers with the planning, coordination, communication, training and change management necessary for a successful global roll-out.
- Hosting and Application Management – Fully-managed hosting services enable customers to minimize their up-front IT investment while realizing a rapid solution deployment. Customers benefit from a secure, highly-available, and professionally-managed infrastructure:
- Application Management and Monitoring
- Security and Disaster Recovery
- Technical Performance Audit – Technical Services performance audit includes an assessment of solution usage patterns and development of recommendations for performance-enhancing configuration and usage modifications.
Spend Data Management
Spend Data Management services are focused on helping organizations enrich spend data, achieve enterprise-wide spend visibility and unlock the value in that data for greater savings opportunities:
- Spend Analysis Program Design – Services to assess existing processes and sources of data, review the strengths and weaknesses of existing analysis, and determine how best to deliver comprehensive spend visibility.
- Initial Spend Data Enrichment – Initial spend data enrichment service that lays the groundwork for efficient, repeatable enrichment of spend data. The service includes transaction data aggregation, cleansing, and normalization – and data enrichment and classification leveraging IBM and external content (e.g., Equifax, D&B).
- Spend Data Refreshes – Spend data refresh services form the basis of a repeatable process to ensure current, accurate spend visibility – and enable ideal tracking and monitoring of savings initiatives.
Support services include a range of offerings to assist your organization with all aspects of operating your IBM Emptoris Strategic Supply Management solutions.
- Range of Access Points – Global phone, email and Web based support is available for both users and suppliers. There is also a self-service Web portal that contains a robust solution knowledge base, Q&As and FAQs.
- Global Support – Global customer support offers services in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish, with options to add additional languages.
- Premium Support Services – The premium support services include a dedicated Customer Lifecycle Manager who serves as the single point of contact for your organization and is responsible for:
- Maintaining knowledge of strategic business objectives, baseline performance indices and improvement goals
- Working with customers to ensure better usage and adoption of solutions
- Aiding and assisting customers with best practices
- Overseeing provision of regular key performance indicator (KPI) reports
- Coordinating new installations or upgrades
- Soliciting customer input and feedback for Product Management and Development