The 2014 Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express Agreements are significantly simplified and condensed, reducing the total number of pages by more than two thirds, while integrating terms for additional offerings into the main body of the Agreement.
Summary of 2014 Agreement changes and enhancements:
- Integration of Appliance Services, Token Licensing and Monthly Licensing terms: The 2014 IBM Passport Advantage Agreement incorporates terms for the following, eliminating the need for separate Attachments
- Appliance Services
- Token Licensing
- Monthly Licensing
- Changes to IBM Software Subscription and Support (S&S) and Selected Support renewal terms*
- The “all or none requirement” remains in effect but is now based on 'installed licensed software' instead of 'installed and in service'.
- Additionally, terms have been added to explicitly state that a reduction of renewed coverage quantity (compared to previous coverage quantity) on a per product per Site basis will require delivery to IBM of the already-required system-generated reports to demonstrate that the reduced coverage will be in compliance with all applicable Passport Advantage terms.
* These changes apply to both the IBM Passport Advantage and IBM Passport Advantage Express Agreements
Note: The Attachments for Government Option, Academic Volume Option or Service Providers – Special Option have been updated to align cross-references and nomenclature in the Attachments with the revised Passport Advantage Agreements. There are no functional changes to the Attachments.
Download the Passport Advantage September 2014 Revisions FAQs for Customers (PDF, 151kb)