Each Passport Advantage Site, including the Originating and all Additional Sites, with current Software Subscription and Support [also referred to as Software Maintenance] coverage must assign a Site Technical Contact (STC) also known as the Primary STC (PSTC).
Responsible for overall support compliance for your Passport Advantage Site, the PSTC is responsible for creating and managing a list of up to 9 Secondary Site Technical Contacts (SSTCs) and an unlimited number of Authorized Callers who can access IBM's Service Request (SR). SR is an electronic problem submission tool that you can use to create Problem Management Records (PMRs) to report and manage issues you are having while installing or using IBM software.
PSTC and SSTC roles and responsibilities
Allocate and maintain Authorized Caller and Authorized Reader lists.
- Authorized Callers should be technically capable of working problems with the products associated on their contract. ESR is not an end-use helpdesk facility.
Only Authorized Callers may access IBM's Technical Support Centers including the Electronic Service Request (ESR) tool available via the IBM Software Support Web site on your Passport Advantage Site's behalf.
- After an Authorized Caller is registered and authorized, he or she can submit electronic Problem Management Records (PMRs) using ESR. Registered callers will also have access to the registered electronic support features within the IBM software support Web site (such as content that has a 'key' and requires a login).
Change the status of the Authorized Callers and Readers, which can limit that person’s access to electronic support. The status flags for Authorized Callers can be set as follows:
- Active- user can submit new Problem Management Records (PMRs) as well as view/update existing ones.
- Inactive- user is in view-only mode- cannot create or update problem records/incidents.
- Terminated- user is not authorized to access ESR support at all.
Keep all Site access and Authorized Caller / Reader information current.
Ensure overall support compliance for the software products within their Site.
For more information on IBM Software Support and Technical Support, download the IBM Software Support Handbook. An excellent on-line reference, the handbook provides detailed information on the following topics:
- Site Technical Contact [STC] roles and responsibilities
- STC registration process for setting up authorized technical callers
- Registration process for authorized callers to setup electronic support
- Submitting/Tracking of PMR's from the Support Web site
- Description of severity levels for effective support delivery
- Tips on what to do prior to accessing support
- Information on how to invoke support and escalate a problem
- How to purchase Software Subscription and Support
- Worldwide list of support center phone numbers