This page is available for 'historic' reference only.
Go to Processor Value Unit [PVU] licensing for Distributed Software for current information.
Effective May 22, 2007, each processor core of the new dual-core POWER6 processor family will require 120 Processor Value Units (PVUs) for software licensing. POWER6 processors will be used on midrange System p servers from IBM. The 120 PVU assignment per processor core is designed to provide software price performance improvements over the POWER™ systems this new processor family is likely to replace.
IBM continues the practice of licensing to the processor core. This provides the licensing granularity our customers require, while also providing them the flexibility to configure their systems in the way that best supports their business objectives.
- Software Subscription and Support
- Agreements and forms
- Brochures and FAQs
- How to enroll
- How to buy
- Passport Advantage Online - Reseller
- Passport Advantage Online - Customer
- Software Subscription and Support videos
- Newly enhanced IBM Software
- Upgrade today
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program Services