z/OS and Linux for System z: Selecting the best SOA platform for you
Available in replay for your convenience, register now.
Developed for: IT architects, integration architects, IT managers and operations managers
Technical Level: Intermediate
Platform decisions can have a significant impact on the ability of your SOA infrastructure to meet your business requirements. Understanding which SOA infrastructure platform is most suited to a particular workload type is critical to taking full advantage of what an SOA can deliver.
Join us for this complimentary teleconference and learn how your business can benefit from running z/OS® and Linux® workloads on System z™. If you have a number of key applications and data on System z, or you are planning to invest in a mainframe, or you are considering building an SOA infrastructure using System z, this teleconference will help you determine whether z/OS or Linux for System z is most appropriate for your new workloads.
In this teleconference, we’ll:
- Discuss why companies are consolidating their server farms and running new workloads on System z
- Explore methodologies to help you build an SOA infrastructure design on System z that meets your objectives
- Use customer examples to discuss SOA architectural patterns
- Review some criteria for evaluation of the operating systems on System z
- Outline how to make architecture decisions for integration
Speaker: Bill Seubert, IBM System z I/T Architect
This teleconference will also be available for replay after the event.