Innovate 2013 offers more than ever before for the System z community
Join technical experts, industry leaders and peers at Innovate 2013 to strengthen your skills for building, delivering and managing innovative solutions that run on IBM System z. Highlights for System z professionals at Innovate 2013 include:
- Dedicated System z track with sessions hosted by IBM thought leaders, business partners and customers
- System z Solutions Suite for one-on-one demos with IBM experts
- A robust selection of hands-on technical workshops, Innovate labs, and birds-of-a-feather sessions
- System z reception at Il Mulino Restaurant at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
System z Essential Sessions
Innovate 2013 features a Technical Exchange session stream with an entire track dedicated to System z, as well as many related sessions in other tracks. Learn the latest, from the greatest, in these essential sessions:
Click the triangle before each title to view session description.
- 2466 Enterprise DevOps: Continuous Delivery of Software InnovationSoftware development teams are actively embracing DevOps. In this kickoff session, Hayden Lindsey, IBM VP and Distinguished Engineer, will discuss IBM's DevOps directions and plans, and will provide proof points on DevOps via Rational's collaborative lifecycle solutions to enable continuous software delivery and validation. All businesses rely heavily on software and people. Given this, it's critical that enhancements be meaningful, timely, and robust. On top of this, a quick cadence -- focused on business results, customer feedback, and competitive differentiation -- is mandatory. DevOps is about tackling the delivery of complex enterprise applications, providing business value, and a quick return on investment. Come learn more about this exciting evolution in software development that applies to all computing environments in use in your organization. This is a not to be missed session!
Speaker: Hayden Lindsey, IBM
- 1272 Mobile-ize your Mainframe CICS Applications with Smarter Development ToolsWith so many enterprises working to leverage their mainframe investment, the mobile platform has become the ideal place for innovation. We'll discuss a mainframe-to-mobile strategy to meet a critical business need. We'll proceed with a live demonstration showing how a CICS application can be modernized for mobile. An integrated set of development tools is used to power through the entire process, researching the scope of programs affected, identifying program interfaces, generating web Services, and creating the mobile user interface. Products highlighted include IBM Worklight, Rational Developer for System z and CICS IA. In addition, we'll also show how Rational tools help throughout the application life cycle. Rational Team Concert will be used to demonstrate multiple developers sharing workflow, governance and collaboration. Finally, ClearBlade will demonstrate a unique mobile application to manage your z/OS job queue.
Speakers: Aaron Allsbrook, ClearBlade; Regi Barosa, IBM
- 2268 The Future of COBOL Starts NowThis is a rare opportunity for software professionals and executives to hear from Kevin Stoodley, IBM Fellow & Rational CTO, and an analyst on the future of COBOL application development for System z. Many organizations are facing budgetary, resource and skills challenges and are looking for cost-effective ways to leverage IT capability to drive business efficiency and competitiveness. In this session, the speakers will take you on a tour of the cutting-edge technologies shipped in the new Enterprise COBOL for z/OS compiler and discuss COBOL industry trends and strategies to increase agility so you can make IT a competitive advantage for your business.
Speakers: Kevin Stoodley, IBM; Roland Koo, IBM
- 1049 Nationwide utilizes Rational for System z to drive mainframe agile developmentThis session describes how the Rational tool suite is helping Nationwide Insurance adopt agile management and engineering practices for mainframe development. We'll cover the benefits this can provide and the challenges that still exist to get to our desired goal state, which includes continuous integration and deployment. This session focuses on the life cycle and benefits from utilizing the entire tool suite, including our goals for Rational Development and Test Environment for System z and how this is critical to truly becoming agile in a large enterprise.
Speaker: Carmen DeArdo, Nationwide Insurance
System z Solutions Suite
The System z Solutions Suite is your place to see the latest solutions and technologies in a relaxed, one-on-one environment. Choose from 15 on-demand briefings and demos presented by our technical experts, who will also be available for private consultations. These in-depth sessions will help you:
Understand active application inventory for maintenance and migration
Use modern tools to monitor, manage, debug and analyze applications in a real-world enterprise
Discover, identify and categorize key assets and business logic functionality
Visit the zZone in the Solution Center
Stop by the "z Zone" at the Solution Center for a first-hand look at a broad range of software solutions by IBM and IBM Business Partners, focused on:
Simplifying DevOps with new Automation Control: Policy-based System Automation available for smaller enterprises that run IBM® System z®. New product is a low-cost option that gives strength and capabilities of the IBM System Automation portfolio for large enterprises.
Ease of use, cost savings, and greater productivity: Live demonstrations of IBM Tools Problem Determination and CICS for z/OS including z/OS Explorer, CICS Explorer and the CICS Tools, Problem Determination Tools Studio, and Rational tools running in a common workbench.
Smart Integration: Rational and IMS: The IBM IMS team will demonstrate how the IBM Rational portfolio can help you modernize IMS assets and integrate them into innovative cross-platform solutions.
Integrated Solution for System z Development: A modern solution for System z and multiplatform development, team collaboration, unit test, analysis, and software change and configuration management, allowing you to extend your apps to support new mobile, agile, and cloud models.
Continuous Integration Solution for System z: Reduce costs, shorten schedules, and improve quality by finding defects earlier, while also reducing mainframe testing MIPS consumption. Learn how to automate mainframe and multiplatform application testing, creating a continuous feedback loop from QA to development.
Enterprise COBOL v5.1 - Where Tradition Meets Innovation: Demonstrations and discussions focused on new features in Enterprise COBOL v5.1, including optimizing, modernizing and debugging COBOL applications to drive down MIPS usage, processing time, development cost and admininstrative overhead.
Special System z reception
Don’t miss the special reception exclusively for System z friends and customers, hosted by Phil Weintraub (Vice President, North America IBM System z Software Sales) at Il Mulino Restaurant on Tuesday evening (Innovate badge and VIP ticket required for admission). Please register in advance using the link below.
When: Tuesday, June 4 – 7:30-9:30pm
Where: Il Mulino Restaurant, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
This complimentary reception is open only to System z Innovate 2013 attendees, and requires a VIP ticket for admission:
Analyst session: Cloud and DevOps
Join Forrester analyst Phil Murphy and IBM VP Hayden Lindsey for the latest trends, demands and technologies for optimum software development and delivery.
Ask the Experts
IBM Distinguished Engineers and System z software technical experts share expertise and answer questions in an open Q&A, roundtable session.
Special z reception
Join us at a special System z reception on Tuesday, June 4, 7:30-9:30pm at Il Mulino Restaurant, hosted by IBM VP Phil Weintraub. (VIP ticket required for admission)