System z sessions are grouped by session number under each section. Click the triangle before each title to view the session description.
- 1349 Meet the Experts: System z Ask the Technical ExpertsThe mainframe is one of your most important assets. Learn how to make even more strategic through insights from our most esteemed technical experts. Your System z technology questions will be answered by an all-star panel of IBM's best and brightest Distinguished Engineers, Fellows, and Master Inventors. You will have access to System z technical experts from IBM WebSphere, Rational, Security, Information Management, and Tivoli. Come ready to see if you can stump this panel!
- 1351 Analyst Insight: Developing an end-to-end mobile strategy from Data Center to Mobile DevicesMobile is huge. The use of mobile devices and apps is pervasive in our everyday lives. But the bar is much higher for enterprise mobile. Mobile apps must not only satisfy user needs with flexible development tools; they must also connect seamlessly with backend systems, allow centralized management, and meet enterprise security requirements. Analyst James Governor from RedMonk will discuss the critical importance of and end-to-end mobile strategy including the challenges customers face and what's new in the mobile world. Mike Perera, VP WebSphere on System z will discuss what's new from WebSphere to help enterprise customers successfully implement a mobile strategy from data center to mobile devices.
- 1541 Panel Discussion: 50 years and beyond: System z Customer RoundtableFor 50 years the mainframe has been at the forefront of business and technology innovation. This is an open mic session to allow our valued customers to hear about the latest advances from WebSphere for System z. We will have our Product Line Manager team available to answer questions and capture your concerns. At past Impact conferences this session has exceeded capacity, so add it your calendar and come help us celebrate the 50th anniversary of the mainframe!
- 1735 Mobilize Your MainframeSystem z can host and extend Mobile capabilities throughout the enterprise with the highest level of security and throughput in the industry. As we start the Golden 50th Birthday of System z, Let's Mobilize the Mainframe and begin a NEW ERA for System z.
- 1928 CICS Track Opening and Portfolio UpdateIn this session, Danny Mace, Director of CICS Development will open the CICS track with all the recent news around the CICS portfolio of products. You will hear the key themes and highlights around the next release of CICS and the associated tools as well as a whistlestop tour of what to expect from the sessions in the CICS track. The talk will focus on the value CICS support for mobile and cloud brings to customers and Business Partners.
Application Infrastructure sessions
- 1081 WebSphere Java Batch Solutions Overview
Batch processing is alive and well and moving rapidly into the Java space. In this session we will explore what WebSphere Java Batch has to offer in terms of capability and function. In addition, we will cover the new JSR 352 standard for Java batch and explain how that open standard is being implemented in WebSphere Java Batch.
- 1308 DevOps trends in enterprise software lifecycle delivery
Mobile, social, big data and cloud technologies are driving the demand for new, faster and more frequent software delivery across all platforms, middleware and devices. The challenge is to push out more features in each release and get those releases out the door with confidence while maintaining compliance and quality. These demands and goals present some common problems, or gaps, with software delivery. We will discuss how DevOps addresses culture, process and tools integration across the software delivery lifecycle spanning distributed and mainframe environments. We will update you on the newest IBM System z tools and middleware offerings, and how the IBM UrbanCode® products meet the needs of teams employing DevOps principles in their computing environments.
- 1337 Next-generation Internet Banking at ESUN Bank: From .NET to IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS (Client)
ESUN Bank is the major commercial bank in Taiwan, with a dominate market share in personal consumer banking, loan, and credit card activity. The original personal internet banking application used by ESUN since 2006 has a .NET architecture running on WINTEL servers. The bank forecasted rapid growth in usage by its internet banking customers, so it wanted to move to a more stable and secure infrastructure that could more easily handle the expected growth. ESUN decided to build its next-generation internet banking application using IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS and z/DB2. This new architecture was designed to run on a new System z114 server. ESUN also used IBM Unica and IBM Netezza products to support event-based marketing. During the session, presenters discuss the bank's journey from .NET to IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS, why it chose this product, and the steps it took to achieve this migration. Come hear about this transformation experience.
- 1349 Meet the Experts: System z Ask the Technical Experts
The mainframe is one of your most important assets. Learn how to make even more strategic through insights from our most esteemed technical experts. . Your System z technology questions will be answered by an all-star panel of IBM's best and brightest Distinguished Engineers, Fellows, and Master Inventors. You will have access to System z technical experts from IBM WebSphere, Rational, Security, Information Management, and Tivoli. Come ready to see if you can stump this panel!
- 1418 Brazil Lottery System - History & Use Case with WebSphere Application Server on z/OS (Client)
Caixa Economica Federal is the second largest public bank in Brazil and the only bank authorized by the Brazil government to operate on the lottery market. This session presents a history of Caixa's SISPL, the software solution behind the Brazil lottery system that is composed of a network of 35,000 lottery branches that provide lottery services, while serving as a traditional bank channel. Caixa's SISPL system, which runs on IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS, has a peak throughput of approximately 50 million business transactions per day and provides more than 40 different lottery and finance services. Currently Caixa is using a Service Oriented Architecture to leverage its lottery solution using an architecture based on IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM WebSphere MQ, and IBM WebSphere Portal in order to create new business opportunities on the internet and in the mobile world.
Client: Caixa Economica Federal
- 1507 The latest best practices for avoiding a breach while demonstrating compliance
Mainframes host mission critical corporate information and production applications for many financial, healthcare, government and retail companies requiring highly secure systems and regulatory compliance. Demonstrating compliance for your industry can be complex and failure to comply can result in vulnerabilities, audit failures, loss of reputation, security breaches, and even system shut down. How can you simplify enforcement of security policy and best practices? How can you automate security monitoring, threat detection, remediation and compliance reporting? How can you demonstrate governance, risk and compliance on your mainframe? Learn how your modern mainframe can help you to comply with industry regulations, reduce costs and protect your enterprise while supporting cloud, mobile, social and big data environments.
- 1520 Meet the Experts: WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile
Ask us about the design! Stump us with questions! Thank us personally! Come and meet the team behind the WebSphere Application Server up close and in person where you get a chance to drive the discussion.
- 1523 Performance Optimization Using IBM Java on z/OS & IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS V8.5.5 (Client)
This session outlines how to optimize the performance of IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS applications, reduce CPU utilization, and take advantage of the latest zEC12 enhancements. IBM continues its efforts and investments in its Java Virtual Machine on IBM System z. zEC12 hardware packs an awesome performance punch with second-generation, out-of-order pipeline design, large caches, and 5.5 GHz hex-core processor. With the exploitation of new features, IBM Java Runtime Environment continues a long history of aggressive vertical integration on IBM System z. Come hear how HCSC is taking advantage of the latest IBM WebSphere Application Server and Java releases and enhancements. This presentation covers installation of Java V6.1, V7.0, and V7.1 with IBM WebSphere Application Server on z/OS V8.5.5 and exploitation of 1 million large pages with zEC12 Flash Express and IBM zEnterprise Data Compression with z/OS V2.1. Benchmark performance data is presented.
Client: Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 1541 Panel Discussion: 50 years and beyond: System z Customer Roundtable
For 50 years the mainframe has been at the forefront of business and technology innovation. This is an open mic session to allow our valued customers to hear about the latest advances from WebSphere for System z. We will have our Product Line Manager team available to answer questions and capture your concerns. At past Impact conferences this session has exceeded capacity, so add it your calendar and come help us celebrate the 50th anniversary of the mainframe!
- 1651 Modernizing your System z Application Development with IBM Rational
I will demonstrate how Rational tools help the typical developer throughout the overall application life cycle from requirements to delivery, improving project management, productivity, testing and deployment. Our scenario uses a COBOL/CICS program as an example. The demonstration will start from the requirements and analysis phase through the final deployment using a z/OS system running in on a local laptop using Rational Development and Test Environment for System z. Rational Team Concert (RTC), built on the jazz platform, is used to demonstrate project management, workflow, governance, source code management and collaborative development. We will demonstrate how application understanding and impact analysis can be performed with Rational Asset Analyzer (RAA). Rational Developer for System z (RDz) will be used for coding, application transformation, debugging and application deployment.
- 1670 The Big Bang Theory: Origins of Life with PSA's Migration to IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V8 (Client)
Yves Laref is the technical lead responsible for more than 300 IBM WebSphere Application Servers running on IBM z/OS for PSA, the well-known manufacturer of Peugeot and Citroen cars in France. In 2011, PSA was running IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 on its IBM z/OS platforms, as well as thousands of open platforms, and was faced with the challenge of migrating all of them to the newly available IBM WebSphere Application Server V8. In this session, Yves presents PSA's overall physical and logical architecture, the IBM WebSphere Application Server environment, and the organization. Learn how Yves and the PSA team organized and ran the migration project: the objectives, major steps, advantages and disadvantages of various migration options, problems they ran into, and the tricks they used to succeed. Yves also discusses the advantages and disadvantages PSA has found with the new environment with IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 environment for IT mobile projects.
Client: PSA Peugeot Citroen
- 1728 Meet the Experts: WebSphere Application Server: Open Questions / Input on Best Practices
You have questions, we have answers. Join this open forum on WAS to ask your pet questions and get input on best practices around the industry's leading app server.
- 1814 Meet the Experts: WebSphere Application Server Performance
Come join WebSphere Application Server Performance team to answer all your performance questions.
- 1828 Meet the Experts: WebSphere Application Server Security
Bring your questions on WebSphere Application Server Security for both distributed platform and z/OS and meet Security Experts from WebSphere Development Organization and the IBM Services Organization to answer your questions.
- 1969 What's new with the WAS Liberty Profile on z/OS?
This session will provide information about the latest z/OS differentiators with the WAS Liberty profile on z/OS. This will include details about the new support for Optimized Local Adapters which provides for high performance calling between applications in the Liberty profile and those in traditional z/OS environments (batch, CICS, USS, etc.).
- 2322 Highly Reliable Java Framework on IBM z/OS for the Central Bank in Japan (Client)
This session explains how this client's packaged product, called FINALUNA rock-solid, was adopted by the new Bank of Japan Financial Network System (BOJ-NET), with phase one going live in January 2014. BOJ-NET is one of the most critical systems in Japan, having achieved zero downtime for the past 26 years. FINALUNA rock-solid includes predefined IBM WebSphere Message Broker flows and a Java framework running on IBM middleware, including IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, and DB2 on a Sysplex system. The session describes how the client designed a highly available solution that provides no message loss even when a system goes down, and how it achieved extreme robustness with IBM.
Client: NTT DATA Corporation
- 2384 Meet the Experts: Java Batch, JSR 352 & WebSphere Batch
Meet the Java Batch experts to learn from their experience and get your Java Batch questions answered. We have experts from the development lab and from the field and can answer your questions on Batch Modernization to the new Java Batch standard (JSR 352).
- 2570 WAS z/OS WOLA - Real World Scenarios (Client)
WAS z/OS customers continue to adopt the optimized local adapters support to solve real world problems. This session will provide an overview of the latest capabilities of WOLA and then walk through several customer implementations. We'll also have a customer share some details about their recent project that uses WAS z/OS WOLA to provide CICS/WAS interactions with significant use of global transactions.
- 2611 Server consolidation on Linux for System z: The story keeps getting better
The new zVM 6.3 release supports 1TB real memory per LPAR - a 4X increase! This means that you can put even more Linux guests and WebSphere instances in a single LPAR making this one of the most cost effective and efficient platforms for running WebSphere. In this session we will present lessons learned to help you get the most out of your zVM WebSphere environment. We will describe application development patterns that both help and hurt in a virtualized environment. From the admin perspective we will explore heap and GC tuning, idle server tuning, and stacking options. We will also present a very effective performance tuning approach for large scale virtualized environments. We also present Liberty profile performance in a virtualized environment, relative to a traditional WebSphere application serve.
- 2644 Ford Next Gen of zModernization (Client)
Ford Motor Company, based in Dearborn, Michigan, engages in the development, manufacturing, distribution, and service of vehicles, parts, and accessories worldwide. About three years ago, the decision was made to modernize the mainframe based supply chain application the company uses, in order to realize several associated benefits. This system, which is the lifeblood of global manufacturing operations was developed in 1989 has over 30,000 users. The company chose to partner with IBM and update the existing system with WebSphere on zOS. Join this session to hear about the company's journey, success stories, and benefits that have been realized.
Client: Ford Motor Company
- 2645 Reducing operating cost of business critical applications with Enterprise COBOL for z/OS v5.1
Many development organizations are challenged by tight budgets and are looking for ways to improve efficiency. IBM's new Enterprise COBOL for z/OS v5.1 has modern, leading-edge optimization technology that is specifically designed to work with IBM zEnterprise® architecture (including zEC12). It can significantly improve the performance of your business critical applications, reducing both CPU utilization and execution time. In this session, Kevin Stoodley, IBM Fellow & Rational CTO, will take you on a quick tour on the new COBOL compiler and share with you early customer experiences with the new compiler. He will also discuss industry trends, strategies and best practices to help you plan your upgrade to Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V5.
- 2846 IBM Mainframe serving your needs yesterday, today, and tomorrow
In this 50th anniversary year for the IBM Mainframe, this presentation will look back at this invaluable server briefly because there is much to look forward to. This presentation will look at how the mainframe has evolved, and is still evolving to meet your business needs. We will look at new areas of innovation in the areas of cloud computing, mobile enabling your applications, exposing your applications as APIs. Continuing to keep your System Z mainframe vital at the center of your enterprise.
- 2865 Accelerating Software Delivery & Reducing Operating Costs on IBM System z (Client)
Development organizations face significant challenges for new, faster, and more frequent approaches to software delivery, while at the same time working to reduce operating costs. In this session, jointly presented with Fidelity, learn about advanced development tooling on IBM System z with Rational Developer for System z that enables organizations to modernize their software development and delivery practices by providing code understanding, quality analysis, automated testing, code coverage analysis, and new integrated debugger capabilities. Learn about the new IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS v5.1 with modern, leading-edge optimization technology that is specifically designed to work with IBM zEnterprise architecture (including zEC12) and that can significantly improve the performance of business-critical applications, reducing both CPU utilization and execution time.
Cloud and Mobile sessions
- 1105 Mobile, Cloud, SOA Security with DataPower Gateway Appliances DataPower Gateway Appliances provide a centralized security enforcement point in an Enterprise infrastructure. This session describes how DataPower can be used as an effective security enforcement point across a disparate set of technologies, including System z applications. This session will cover each of the security components, and how they can be utilized in the scenarios of federation of identity, enterprise wide authentication and authorization. This session will touch on a variety of topics associated with security with Mobile, Web Application and Web Services. This session will also present use case scenarios on how DataPower is utilized within different enterprise environments to address security requirements.
- 1108 Mobile Beats the Radios - A Mobile Strategy & Application for the NYPD (Client) Learn how a mobile application allows first responders to receive 911 call information before it is dispatched over a radio. The New York City Police Department (NYPD) was moving to a new iCAD 911 system, leaving a gap in how personnel receive 911 information. Designing an application in collaboration with a field officer was the answer, while developing a mobile infrastructure was the key to success. Attend this session to learn how the NYPD leveraged IBM Worklight, IBM Integration Bus, MQ Telemetry Transport, and IBM System z to design and implement - with IBM Software Services - a successful mobile application.
- 1351 Analyst Insight: Developing an end-to-end mobile strategy from Data Center to Mobile Devices Mobile is huge. The use of mobile devices and apps is pervasive in our everyday lives. But the bar is much higher for enterprise mobile. Mobile apps must not only satisfy user needs with flexible development tools; they must also connect seamlessly with backend systems, allow centralized management, and meet enterprise security requirements. Analyst James Governor from RedMonk will discuss the critical importance of and end-to-end mobile strategy including the challenges customers face and what's new in the mobile world. Mike Perera, VP WebSphere on System z will discuss what's new from WebSphere to help enterprise customers successfully implement a mobile strategy from data center to mobile devices.
- 1653 Creating a Smartphone application to invoke CICS Service using Worklight This Lab has 2 parts. Part 1 - You will develop an adapter using the IBM Worklight development environment. You will use one CICS Web Service (WSDL) provided to create this adapter. The objective is to demonstrate how you can quickly develop an adapter to be used to invoke an existing CICS Web service running on z/OS. Part 2 - Using the concepts described on previous part you will test a more sophisticated application that invokes existing CICS application via Web Services adapters. You will use IBM Worklight with the Dojo framework in this case. This lab is based on the developerWorks article: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/move-existing-cics-application-smartphone/index.html that was written by one of the presenters.
- 1735 Mobilize Your Mainframe System z can host and extend Mobile capabilities throughout the enterprise with the highest level of security and throughput in the industry. As we start the Golden 50th Birthday of System z, Let's Mobilize the Mainframe and begin a NEW ERA for System z.
- 1812 How IBM WebSphere DataPower Supports State Farm's Enterprise & Cloud Integration (Client) Enterprise clients like State Farm are moving forward with a cloud roadmap that includes their mainframe enterprise assets in strategic business objectives. Come and learn how IBM WebSphere DataPower, IBM's industry-leading security and integration gateway, is helping State Farm with its enterprise integration into the cloud. Shyh-Mei Ho, IBM Distinguished Engineer, and Matt Ayers, State Farm's IBM WebSphere DataPower Architect, are jointly presenting this session. They share how they plan to, and how you can, leverage IBM WebSphere DataPower to grow the business and drive effectiveness in the cloud.
Client: State Farm
- 2235 Fulfilling Retail Expectations with Mobile This session describes how one of the world's largest retailers serves millions of customers a week in stores and online - and has expanded this with Mobile. In 2013, this retailer generated over $100 billion in revenue. One of the key areas in which they differentiate themselves is their network of distribution centers, which use advanced technology to support a modern, efficient and cost-effective supply chain. Underpinning its fulfillment process was a Warehouse Management System, based on CICS and running on System z. This session provides an overview of the challenges and benefits of mobile-enabling a CICS application. It covers the business value identified in exposing warehouse management capabilities through a Mobile interface, plus the technology design for implementing the solution on System z. The indicative results demonstrated cost savings of about $2.45 million per year, which equated to an approximate return on investment of only 16 days.
- 1294 Enable Active-Active Business through Enterprise High Availability Messaging Technology (Client) More and more enterprises like Banking and Insurance are looking for continuous high availability solutions for the core system services which include borrowing, saving, payment and credit card through e-channels, tellers, ATM and POS. For example, Bank IT usually faces challenges from business to reduce the planned and unplanned outages. This session introduces the mature Active-Active solutions in the banking industry to keep core business running with no outage. The Active-Active solution is a concept of two sites, separated by virtually unlimited distances, running the same applications and having the same data to provide cross-site workload balancing and Continuous Availability/Disaster Recovery. It also demonstrates the successful Active-Active deployment cases of bankings.
Client: China Everbright Bank
- 1800 WebSphere MQ for z/OS and CICS: Workload Balancing in a 'Plexed worldWhen MQ first delivered shard queues, one significant benefit was the "pull" model of message processing, the queue managers that were most efficient processed the most messages. In some circumstances, the "pull" model is not the best model for the overall environment. In addition, when there are asymmetric sysplex environments there can be a significant workload skewing towards more powerful processors or towards LPARs getting better response time from a coupling facility. There are also efficiencies built into WMQ and other subsystems that favor doing work locally when possible, as that is more efficient. This session will outline some ways to help control the flow of the message processing, to take advantage of shared queues while more evenly distributing the work.
- 1804 Mean Time to Innocence: WebSphere MQ Problem DeterminationIn many environments problem descriptions are often limited to 'MQ is Broken' or 'MQ is losing messages.' Yet in the majority of cases MQ is not the culprit, but there are other problems making it look like WebSphere MQ on z/OS is at fault. This session will focus on areas that administrators and application programmers can use to verify the health and well being of the z/OS queue managers and channel initiators, to get you to the 'MQ is innocent' point quicker and get investigation into the real culprit going.
- 1863 What's new in IBM MessagingCome to this session to hear all about the latest capabilities and enhancements in the IBM Messaging portfolio across application, mobile and enterprise messaging. This session gives a summary of all the new product announcements and features in latest releases of WebSphere MQ, WebSphere MQ for z/OS, WebSphere MQ Advanced and IBM MessageSight. It will also be a valuable guide to other messaging sessions during the week.
- 1866 Introduction to IBM Messaging CapabilitiesIBM Messaging provides a comprehensive portfolio of asynchronous messaging capabilities that can be used to construct business solutions ranging from simple cooperative applications through to more sophisticated service or business process solutions. This session will help you to identify how to make best use of these messaging capabilities, by defining a core set of messaging patterns that can be composed to construct solutions that conform to best practices around scaling, performance, security and management.
- 1867 WebSphere MQ: High AvailabilityIBM WebSphere MQ provides many capabilities that can be used to keep your business running in the event of failures on distributed and z/OS platforms. This session will introduce and compare these features to show how they can be effectively used together for extremely reliable environments.
- 1868 WebSphere MQ: Disaster RecoveryThis session discusses how to build, test and manage your MQ infrastructure so that you can be up and running quickly in the event of a disaster. It is a partner to, and builds on, the session on High Availability. Topics will include managing configurations, storage, MQ clusters and networks; and will look at a range of qualities of service that can be achieved using different techniques.
- 1876 WebSphere MQ for z/OS: Latest Features Deep DiveWebSphere MQ for z/OS makes use of many system features and facilities to provide a very high level of availability and performance for your messages. Come along to this session to learn the detail behind all the new features and enhancements in the latest release of WebSphere MQ for z/OS.
- 1877 WebSphere MQ for z/OS: Performance and AccountingHow can you get the best performance out of your z/OS Queue Manager, and also determine who is doing what? Come along to this session to hear about the performance and accounting measurements that can be taken, and also how to understand them so that you can make the best use of your queue manager resources.
- 1878 WebSphere MQ for z/OS: Shared QueuesThis session will take a deep dive into the new features of Queue Sharing, including shared message data sets (SMDS) and the new resilience features added in V7.1. The performance gains and Coupling Facility storage use provided by SMDS and the new offload rules are discussed in detail. This session is not for beginners to queue sharing, but for those already familiar with the concepts and use of queue sharing groups.
- 1879 Using WebSphere MQ in Managed File Transfer EnvironmentsThe transfer of file data underpins many critical business processes both inside and outside the enterprise walls. Attend this session to find out how you can exploit your investment in WebSphere MQ to reliably transfer file data in an auditable way. We'll look at the basics of managed file transfer with WebSphere MQ and then dive into real world scenarios where customers have seen the benefits. This session also contains details on the recent enhancements, including what's new in the latest version of WebSphere MQ.
- 1880 Secure your messages with WebSphere MQ Advanced Message Security (Client)In some scenarios, securing access to your messaging infrastructure is not enough, you must also secure access to message content. Come to this session to learn how to provide end-to-end message protection where message contents are secure from the point they are sent to the point they are received, including while at rest on queues. This session will start by describing the theory and capabilities of the product before a real world customer example is explored from CSX, who present their experiences and recommendations for securing messages across distributed and z/OS platforms. Topics covered include: an overview of message level security, when it is appropriate to deploy this level of protection, how the message protection is applied, how it can be administered and the new features available in the latest version of the WebSphere MQ.
- 1885 WebSphere MQ on z/OS and distributed platforms, are they like oil and water?This session will compare the WMQ for z/OS and distributed queue managers from both application and administration perspectives. How are they alike, how are they different, and what does that mean in a day in the life of an MQ administrator.
- 3133 Meet the Experts: IBM MessagingMeet the experts for IBM MessageSight, IBM's gateway to the internet of things and mobile. Come along to share experiences of using MessageSight, MQTT, Mobile and the Internet of Things and get your questions answered.
- 1203 Retail Managed File Transfer Implementation with PCI Endpoints Leveraging IBM WebSphere Products (Client)BJs Wholesale Club is a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern U.S. For its enterprise managed file transfer solution, BJs utilizes IBM WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition, IBM WebSphere DataPower, and IBM WebSphere Message Broker. BJs also needed to satisfy stringent PCI and PII regulatory requirements, while keeping complexity and costs to a minimum. This session shows how BJs used the combined power of IBM WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition, IBM WebSphere DataPower B2B appliances, and IBM WebSphere Message Broker to support a broad range of file transfer requirements. The presenters outline the business and technical challenges, provide a detailed topology of the file transfer solution, explain how they leverage the IBM products to create a PCI-compliant solution, and discuss the tools and solution roadmap.
Client: BJ's Wholesale Clubs
- 1320 Roundtable: IBM DataPower Customer FeedbackThe focus of this session is to solicit feedback on IBM's DataPower User Experience and direction. The goal is to review the latest design considerations we are making regarding enhancements in the DataPower user experience. The first half of the session will focus on feedback from customers on existing experiences. The second half will be used to explore future designs.
- 1359 IBM Retail Integration - Cornerstone of Omni-Channel (Client)Retailers are responding customers' demand for a coherent retail experience centred on the needs of the individual by providing a single brand experience across all channels of interaction. This omni-channel retail experience requires a flexible and business oriented infrastructure to support the flow of information and data across the organisation. This presentation will discuss how IBM's industry leading integration products support this strategy, enabling integration of best of breed applications, proprietary in-house solutions and external systems.
Client: The Bon-Ton Department Stores
- 1680 Mobile Publish/Subscribe Projects at Garanti Bank Turkey with IBM WebSphere MQ & IBM MessageSight (Client)Garanti Bank is Turkey's second largest private bank and an integrated financial services group operating in every segment of the banking sector. Garanti has more than 19,000 employees and provides a wide range of financial services to more than 12.2 million customers. Its distribution network is made up of 966 domestic and external branches. Due to high customer demand for its mobile services, the bank had to implement a push notification infrastructure to send notifications from mainframe applications to mobile devices using IBM z/OS products, IBM WebSphere MQ, and MQ Telemetry Transport. This required a point-to-point, secure, and guaranteed delivery mechanism where clients are identified by their unique identifications. In addition, because of the number of rapidly growing mobile users, it had to be scalable, so IBM MessageSight was chosen. Come learn more about this implementation.
Client: Garanti Bank
- 1809 Panel Discussion: Using IBM WebSphere DataPower to bridge Mobile to Enterprise Assets (Client)Enterprise clients must find creative and low-cost ways to bridge their valuable enterprise assets to new technologies like Mobile. Considerations like security, control, integration, TCO, and more, must be considered when deciding how to take IMS, DB2, and CICS enterprise assets and surface them as mobile apps and web services. WebSphere DataPower delivers a centralized solution that addresses all of these considerations and more. This Experts Panel brings together IMS experts and System z Enterprise clients who are on the path to success. They will share how IBM is delivering technology across the portfolio, including DataPower and Worklight, to help System z clients like American Express, Scotiabank, and State Farm seamlessly bridge and integrate trusted IMS assets to key strategies such as mobile.
Clients: Scotiabank, State Farm, AXP
- 2273 Exploring Java in zServer with mission critical systems - achieving continuous availability.The central bank requires the highest availability for its system, just released their new applications on zServer utilizing new workload, Java. This session covers the overall architecture of this unique system using Sysplex as the solution for workload balancing and high availability mechanism as well as the benefit gained from Java running in WebSphere Application Server and IBM Integration Bus. With Java, the customer is expecting to offload 1/3 of the workload to zAAP, assist processors available in zServer However, any architecture has two sides, pros and cons. As the solution combines multiple products by open protocols in multiple layers, this brought new challenges. While traditional customers whom utilize IMS, the common proofed solution, benefit stability from its monolithic structure, we lost this luxury. This session also covers the real experienced approach which was taken to mitigate the risk.
- 2748 Enabling a Digital Strategy that Fits the Healthcare System Around the Consumer Using BPM SOA (Client)Aetna is making the connected healthcare system a reality. Key to the strategy is enabling new mobile technologies and partner integration. To make this happen, Aetna is implementing a Business Process Management Service Oriented Architecture Center of Excellence that will enable it to rapidly orchestrate and integrate its systems and services in order to seamlessly provide users with data and IT resources. This session showcases this approach and the components being used. Aetna's enterprise architecture will ensure the separation of business rules from data integrity rules, while providing enterprise-level decision services. This architecture will enable the integration of IBM WebSphere DataPower, IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, and mainframe systems to communicate with the data access services layer. The solution includes IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager, IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository, and IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
Client: Aetna, Business Partner: Prolifics
- 2945 SOA Helps Banco de Crédito del Perú Solve Business Challenges & Grow Through Multi-channel Strategy (Client)Banco de Crédito del Perú, the largest bank in Perú, with more than 34 percent market share, has a huge challenge trying to reach new clients and develop new ways for its current customers to contact the bank. The bank started a large multi-channel strategy that included deploying non-traditional front-end systems that allow users to interact with the bank and make transactions via an integrated platform. By providing its customers with more options including the ability to access bank services from their homes or offices using a web portal and mobile solutions, the bank has lowered costs and reduced the need for additional bank offices.
Client: Banco de Crédito del Perú
Smarter Process sessions
- 1898 Hands on Lab: IBM Operational Decision Manager for z/OS: Hands-on Lab Often in mission-critical z/OS applications, the business rules or decision logic is embedded within existing code, making it difficult to isolate and maintain when business changes underlying logic is required. IBM Operational Decision Manager for z/OS brings agility to z/OS applications by enabling decision automation and rapid changes to the decision rules. Combining the management and execution of business rules within the product delivers agility, traceability, and full lifecycle support to existing and new batch, CICS, and IMS applications. Come and gain hands-on experience with IBM Operational Decision Manager for z/OS. In this lab, attendees experience end-to-end rule development by taking a COBOL application and implementing its decision logic within IBM Operational Decision Manager for z/OS. Note: IBM Operational Decision Manager for z/OS is the evolution of IBM products formerly known as IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules.
- 1905 Using Rules and Process on System z to Achieve Business Agility Business Agility key to competing in today's fast changing business world. Rules and processes spread across multiple mainframe assets in different formats and languages restrict agility. Systems of Engagement models are evolving rapidly, but accurate decisions and consistent process execution remain a constant requirement. IBM Operational Decision Manager and Business Process Manager for z/OS both bring agility options to System z. ODM, brings agility to traditional z/OS applications by externalizing, managing and automating decision logic to allow fast changes to these business rules. BPM, enables straight-through processes to directly drive automation of tasks that leverage DB2, CICS and MQ in high-speed optimized fashion. Both these technologies allow you to reuse and repurpose traditional applications allowing you to make best use of your existing investment. This session covers the patterns and execution options used when applying rules and process to the System z platform.
- 1934 What's New in IBM Operational Decision Manager? IBM Operational Decision Manager enables organizations in virtually every industry to automate and govern frequently occurring and repeatable business decisions using business rules. This session reviews the new set of capabilities in IBM Operational Decision Manager, the successor of ILOG JRules and IBM WebSphere Business Events.
- 1974 A New Level of Interaction for Decision Management with IBM Operational Decision Manager Automating decisions based on business rules requires clearly defined decision services, with the ability to manage and deploy rules in a governed way. Full support for decision management also implies that rule-based decisions can be validated with automated testing and improved through user-driven simulations. This session reviews the latest additions and improvements in IBM Operational Decision Manager (formerly known as ILOG JRules) that support the complete decision lifecycle, with a focus on user interfaces for line of business and IT users.
- 2034 Panel Discussion: Getting Decisions Right - From Discovery to Rule Implementation Businesses run on decisions around pricing, eligibility, underwriting, adjudication, and classification. Operational decision management uses business rules to implement these decisions and integrate them into the business. But how do organizations identify automatable decisions; choose a strategy for making them; discover the rules required; and implement, validate, measure, and improve the rules that comprise their decisions quickly and efficiently? This panel brings together IBM experts in every phase of business rule practice - from discovery to implementation to improvement, and from project to program - to answer your questions about business rule management, business rule practices and Centers of Excellence, and IBM Operational Decision Manager.
- 2487 What's New in IBM Business Process Manager Much has happened in IBM Business Process Manager since Impact 2013. Come take a rapid tour of all the enhancements from the past year. This session offers a broad overview of what's new in the latest release of IBM Business Process Manager. So attendees who use IBM Business Process Manager, or are thinking about using it, should be here.
- 3293 Meet the Experts: IBM Operational Decision Manager This session is an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on IBM Operational Decision Manager.
- 3296 Meet the Experts: Scaling IBM Business Process Manager and IBM Operational Decision Manager Adoption This session is an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on scaling IBM Business Process Manager and IBM Operational Decision Manager from project to program.
- 1317 You've got a friend on z - tales from CICS Transaction Gateway (Client)
Explore the latest and greatest from CICS Transaction Gateway, and hear from guest speaker Elena Nanos from HCSC as she shares her experience of leading the consolidation over 80 CICS TG standalone instances into a CICS TG on z/OS high-availability architecture for best performance. Elena says: "Does your CICS shop have many standalone instances of CICS TG on distributed platforms? Are you struggling to manage and keep it current? If so, come along and hear how our shop consolidated over 80 CICS TG standalone instances into a CICS TG on z/OS High Availability architecture. We eliminated single points of failure, simplified CICS TG infrastructure management and support, improved performance, took advantage of real time monitoring and reporting capabilities, made use of idle zAAP capacity with 98% offload rate and drastically reduced maintenance cost. Come hear details on CICS TG on z/OS HA architecture with automatic failover, lessons learned and what you need to know to set this up."
Client: Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 1342 The Future of Distributed Transaction Processing with TXSeries V8.1
Many enterprises deploy transactional application on distributed platforms, either in conjunction with their zSeries deployments or stand-alone. IBM TXSeries for Multiplatforms is a highly robust, scalable and cost effective platform for all your distributed transaction processing needs. With the new version 8.1, TXSeries has further enhanced the value it brings to you. This session will cover all the latest news in IBM's distributed transactional processing portfolio, it will cover in detail the features in the new IBM TXSeries for Multiplatforms V8.1 release and also show how your company can adopt a Mobile First strategy with your existing TXSeries deployment.
- 1412 Smarter Banking with CICS
A redbook entitled 'Smarter Banking with CICS Transaction Server' outlines how you can leverage your existing applications while also modernizing for the future. This session looks how new CICS features and technologies can be used to increase efficiencies, extend your applications and better manage your operations. We also look at some of the interesting ideas that have been implemented at IBM's Montpellier based Smarter Banking Showcase.
- 1630 Got CICS? Enter the API Economy with IBM API MGMT
In this session we show you how to take you CICS application and expose it in the API Economy. We provide a use case from General Insurance and will demonstrate how to create the APIs and expose them through IBM API MGMT to several developer communities. In addition we will show an internal API developer implement an mobile application using these APIs through IBM WorkLight.
- 1654 How to move an existing CICS application to a smartphone
We will demonstrate how you create a hybrid smartphone app that reuses an existing z/OS® application by using IBM Rational® software. By following the concepts demonstrated, you can create a smartphone client application that invokes a COBOL/CICS application, transformed into web services. Although the demonstration uses COBOL and CICS, the same principles and technology can be applied to PL/I or IMS, RPG with IBM System i®. This demonstration will be performed by two developers sharing responsibilities starting from the requirements through the final deployment and tests using a z/OS system running in a local laptop.Rational Team Concert , will be used to demonstrate workflow, governance and collaborative development. We will use IBM Worklight with Rational Developer for System z for the application code. After deploying we will debug on the z/OS.
- 1674 CICS V5 Performance Overview
CICS TS V5.1 introduces a number of runtime enhancements to reduce CPU usage, improve response times, reduce resource usage, while providing additional insight into transaction performance. During this session the speaker will explore in detail performance figures from the CICS TS V5.1 report, while also looking at how performance can be monitored and analyzed using CICS Tools. System programmers will benefit from this session through the sharing of performance management best practices, along with an understanding of the newer performance capabilities and enhancements in CICS V5.
- 1681 Managing Large Scale CICS Environments
In this session Ian Mitchell, CICS Portfolio Architect and System z Middleware CTO, will discuss deployment and exploitation of CICSPlex SM capabilities which enable you to manage your CICS platforms and application in a simpler and more robust way. CICSPlex SM is the key component of CICS TS which forms the foundation for the version 5 Cloud enablement. Ian has worked with many customers who utilize the many different features which CICSPlex SM offers and will provide guidance on easy ways to build deployment and operational value so you realise maximum pay-back.
- 1699 CICS Transaction Server Version 5: A Technical Overview
Come to this session to get the latest news on how CICS TS V5 delivers new enhancements in Operational Efficiency and Service Agility. Operational Efficiency will allow you to manage your application's resource consumption through the use of policies, increase the availability of CICS, have a deeper insight into the performance of your applications and increase the capacity of a CICS region. Service Agility will allow you to modernize your applications with Servlets and Java Server Pages, allow you to manage and deploy an application as a single entity and manage groups of CICS regions as a single platform. CICS TS V5 delivers technical innovation and significant business value, satisfying in excess of 150 customer and user group enhancement requests. The result is a powerful new release with a huge amount of value for all stakeholders - delivering a smarter transaction processing experience for CICS users and their customers in turn.
- 1925 Roundtable: Worried about mobile growth on your systems? Want to enjoy increased workload in CICS?
Growth in mobile usage is driving increased workloads in CICS and introducing greater uncertainty into when the workload peaks will occur. Come and discuss how CICS could provide you more headroom for workload growth by reducing costs, smoothly handling workload peaks and delays, and enabling better application throughput. This is your chance to influence plans for performance optimizations that will support your future workloads.
- 1928 CICS Track Opening and Portfolio Update
In this session, Danny Mace, Director of CICS Development will open the CICS track with all the recent news around the CICS portfolio of products. You will hear the key themes and highlights around the next release of CICS and the associated tools as well as a whistlestop tour of what to expect from the sessions in the CICS track. The talk will focus on the value CICS support for mobile and cloud brings to customers and Business Partners.
- 1966 Best practices for CICS SOA Connectivity (Client)
CICS provides a rich set of connectivity options for SOA integration including CICS web services, JCA and CICS sockets. The best choice will depend on your application architecture, existing middleware environment and required transport protocols. Other considerations include development languages, client server coupling and whether requests are to be synchronous or asynchronous. This session will outline the key SOA deployment scenarios used by customers today and the best practice choice of technology in each case. Also covered will be references to supporting material including redbooks and articles. This session will also cover recent enhancements to CICS web services. Data mapping for SOAP and JSON now supports UTF-16 data types, as well as additional COBOL data clauses. Also CICS web services definitions can now be managed through CICS bundles and deployed as part of a cloud workload.
Client: Circle Software Inc.
- 1992 From OLTP to OLTAP - Real time fraud detection for CICS payments processing
Determining in real-time whether a payment is likely to be fraudulent requires analytics processing to be part of the transaction. This session highlights how Online Transactional and Analytics Processing (OLTAP) is becoming a more realistic proposition as the amount of captured historical data expands and the ability to process the data at speed improves. The session includes a demonstration of how a realistic complex query (20 million customer records and 2 billion payment records) can be used to authorize a CICS retail payment. We demonstrate the capabilities of DB2 for z/OS, the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator and SPSS data modelling. If considered suspicious, the client is asked to authorize the payment with a biometric recognition on his mobile device. This part of the scenario highlights the integration of CICS with IBM Worklight.
- 2015 Improving the Integration between Distributed Security and CICS
With distributed systems integrating more and more with CICS services there are additional challenges to ensuring the security of transactions as they pass through these multi-platform environments. In this session you will learn about different ways to integrate securely with CICS web services, including new improvements in CICS to support SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language), using WebSphere DataPower as a web services gateway and the recently announced support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 which provide stronger cryptographic keys and more robust algorithms. Several projects are used to illustrate how customers are using these capabilities to secure their CICS services.
- 2050 Hands on Lab: Modernizing CICS; Hands-on Labs; part 1
You have heard about some of the new technology in CICS and now you are ready to get your hands 'dirty' and work with some of them. This session offers hands-on experience with a variety of features and facilities available with the latest releases of CICS. You can choose from any of the lab exercises offered, which include exercises on CICS in the Cloud, CICS Event Processing, Web services, CICS Java development using OSGi, Java Servlets and JSPs in CICS, Deploying applications with CICS DA, Performance Management, and more. Come to this session to gain hands-on experience with some of the latest CICS features and capabilities discussed here at the conference.
- 2057 Hands on Lab: Managing CICS Systems; Hands-on Lab,
The entire IT environment is changing and it's time to learn how to use modern tools to manage your CICS environment. This session will expose you to the z/OS Explorer and CICS Explorer. You'll learn how to set up a CICSplex and perform typical management functions across multiple CICS regions with ease. We're reserving two lab sessions to give you plenty of time to experience the way today's modern tools make you more productive.
- 2267 Smarter Banking Process: More flexible and stable batch process with QGate on CICS/MQ (Client)
BCA, Bank Central Asia is the largest private bank in Indonesia and has average 12 million financial transactions per day, 900+ branches, 10,000+ ATM and 10 million accounts. In 2013, new requirement was raised to handle irregular batch input data more quickly and flexibly. So instead of current regular batch procedure, BCA designed "QGate" application on MQ/CICS, and tested it together with IBM China CICS lab. QGate can be utilized by any mainframe application requiring a near real time transaction capability. Through testing and analysis by CICS/PD Tools, BCA could easily understand the exception flow of QGate and change it with better MQ/CICS API. Now it's rolled out in production system with faster and more flexible business process. Currently it's just supporting deposit transactions but will be extended to debit/credit including credit card, banking trade and remittance. BCA Core Banking Application Manager will share his design and test experiences of the QGate project.
Client: PT. Bank Central Asia
- 2380 CICS and Java: A tale of Liberty
It is well known that Java is one of the most popular programming languages in use. In this session we'll look at how CICS allows you to make use of OSGi, the service orientated approach to Java. We'll also look at the fast and lightweight Java web container that is provided in CICS TS V5. Liberty Profile technology in CICS provides the rich features of Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages specifications, and fast local access to your existing CICS applications and data. Add the CICS VUE and Java on CICS just makes sense!
- 2433 How one customer reduced their z/OS planned outage downtime by 90%!
Reducing the unavailability of business critical workloads during planned outages is an ongoing struggle with customers. Taking outages for upgrading applications or key software infrastructure is a fact for those running an enterprise. See how a banking customer in China was able to reduce their planned outage downtime from 4 hours to 20 minutes. This session will describe how this large customer, by using IBM Multi-site Workload Lifeline and IBM InfoSphere Data Replication for DB2, was able to achieve such a significant reduction in the time their CICS application workloads were unavailable during planned maintenance activities.
- 3070 CICS TG and CICS in a High Availability environment: A Customer experience CA-Silca (Client)
This session presents the different steps that led to the implementation of a high availability environment in CA-Silca . Sylvie from CA-Silca will also describes what happens in the case of failover and then give an insight into the strategy migration for their CICS products.
Client: CA Silca
- 3071 Customer Experience: Dynamic Workload Balancing of CICS Web Services using the CPSM Goal Algorithm (Client)
Session Abstract: This session will review the Workload Management capabilities within CPSM and how it interacts with z/OS WLM using the Goal method. It will also discuss Sysplex Distributor and challenges presented by Persistent Connections. Real world scenarios demonstrating dynamic performance management and fault tolerance will be discussed as well as WLM policy considerations.
Client: Charles Schwab
- 3072 Customer Experience CPSM Sysplex Optimized Workload Routing: Point/Counterpoint (Client)
This session will explore the tradeoff and impact of affinities on a balanced distribution approach with Sysplex Optimized Workload Routing. While management loves being evenly balanced, affinities and cross-departmental budgets will foil you every time. We will discuss how to implement Sysplex Optimized Workload Routing and some of the parameters that can be adjusted.
Client: Charles Schwab
- 3116 Making it easy for Mainframe Applications (and Programmers) to be clients in an SOA Environment (Client)
Come hear how State Farm has used a combination of DataPower and CICS to make it easy for mainframe applications to take advantage of new web services being built in the enterprise. Applications running in batch, IMS, CICS and as stored procedures can all use the same client interface to invoke distributed web services. This session with discuss high level architectures including the legacy API, the DataPower and CICS architectures, as well as lessons learned.
Client: State Farm
- 3227 Meet the Experts: Scaling the Heights with CICS
Do you want to know how to improve the operational efficiency and performance of your CICS systems? Wondering how you can react to increasing workloads with the adoption of mobile transactions and cloud usage? Come to a roundtable with CICS Technical experts who will 'defluff' the cloud and mobilize your mainframe.
- 3228 Meet the Experts: Mobilize Your Workloads with CICS
You run CICS, you're happy, it does what is says on the tin.... but is that tin large enough to carry the full message? We know that CICS can scale, we know it is the premium transaction server, but did you know that it talks to things other than a big old computer? Come and talk to CICS experts who are extending CICS reach to mobile devices and distributed systems while still providing the qualities of service you can come to expect.
- 3287 Roundtable: Is CICS doing enough for the next generation of mainframe users?
CICS V5 provides support for JSP servlets through Liberty runtime, fully enterprise-ready JVM server, dynamic scripting with PHP, extensive tooling facilitated through a modern interface on top of the existing solid foundation we've developed and evolved over decades - is it enough?
CICS - Cloud and Mobile sessions
- 1411 Angry Birds and Half Words - Mobile and the MainframeMobile and the Mainframe, two technologies that most people think have nothing to do with each other, and yet millions of smart phones access mainframe data sand services everyday. Come along to get a overview of the modern enterprise mobile application and the technologies that can help you with everything from development and deployment to connectivity and security. Find out how to make your mainframe accessible to mobile and what to expect from the changing workloads this can bring.
- 1474 Integrating CICS with Worklight to deliver Modern Mobile Apps that extend your BusinessEnterprise systems offer integrity, rollback, durability and thousands of other characteristics that make your business run without error 24/7, but enterprise systems also have a reputation of 'hiding' their data from the mobile platform. This session will demonstrate how to integrate Worklight, IBM's mobile platform for application development and application management with CICS allowing your business to expose your 'hidden' data to the mobile platform so that your business can start to exploit its hidden value. Learn why connecting CICS to a mobile world is essential, and how it could be done using IBM's Mobile Platform. Learn how the latest additions to CICS makes it easier and an even more powerful place to handle mobile related workload. Learn with some examples how to connect CICS up to Worklight to allow CICS to service Mobile Workload.
- 1476 Managing Mobile Workloads being serviced by CICSManaging Mobile Workload is another iteration for the mainframe of a new endpoint, which impacts the workload patterns which are serviced by CICS. Typically the expectation is that workload will rise, which in some cases is true however there are other potential outcomes which are not quite so obvious. Mobile workload and its impact on the mainframe will be discussed. Strategies on understanding how to identify and measure mobile workload entering CICS will also be covered, as will potential solutions to workload management.
- 1675 Architecting Your Application for Mobile WorkloadsAs an increasing number of applications have their reach extended to mobile devices, additional demands are being placed on the scalability and performance of core CICS transactional workload. For over a decade, CICS Transaction Server has been providing continual enhancements to improve vertical scalability of applications through threadsafe enablement. With the latest updates to the CICS Portfolio, identifying and eliminating throughput constraints has become easier than ever. Additional runtime improvements provide an enhanced range of connectivity options, allowing you to more readily leverage existing assets as part of your mobile enterprise strategy. During this session the speaker will examine how CICS tools can be applied to your applications to analyze performance, and where enhancements to the CICS runtime can be exploited in order to deliver value to the mobile client from both new and existing applications.
- 1787 Debugging CICS WebServices in a Mobile AgeAre you interested in troubleshooting issues in your environment? This session will focus on problems seen coming into the CICS Level 2 Support Center. We will go over debugging techniques and solutions to the problems. We will also cover the tools you can utilize to make debugging easier. The focus for this session will be on CICS WebServices and how they could relate to the Mobile environment.
- 1913 Integrate mobile applications and events into your end-to-end business processWould you like to see what is happening in your business and your CICS systems on your mobile device? Would you like to quickly enable your business leaders to get more insight into their applications? This session will cover facilities in CICS TS that allow you to capture information about the applications and CICS systems that run your business, and use that information to more effectively control them. You will learn how to capture interesting events from your applications and system, and emit the events to consumers such as Worklight for delivery to mobile devices and IBM Operational Decision Manager for advanced processing. You will also learn how to generate events when application tasks exceed policies that you specify for their resource usage, and how the CICS tools can help you to manage and define your events and resources.
- 1961 No rainclouds here! Using CICS Platform and Policies to keep your private cloud healthyCICS V5 introduces significant capability to help manage CICS as a private cloud. The Platform definition can monitor the health of shared services and maintain consistency across regions simplifying application deployment while threshold policies can protect production systems against rogue applications by enforcing coding standards throughout the development lifecycle. See how to use these new resources in conjunction with existing facilities including CICS Monitoring and tools like CICS PA to manage and measure the health of your CICS environment. This session will cover recent enhancements to CICS including support for deploying and managing shared services such as TCP/IP connectivity, web services resources and Java runtimes as part of a Platform. Customers using workload management will discover how Application context information can now assist with dynamic routing. We will also describe the new threshold policies.
- 1985 Why talk to your colleagues when you're deploying things in the cloud?According to recent surveys software delivery is "Critical to success". Discover how the latest CICS TS Portfolio can assist Application developers be part of this success story by accelerating software delivery with reduced cost, improved quality and less risk. This session will cover how the latest CICS Tools can provide integration between Development and Operations.
- 2009 Securing mobile access to CICS CICS applications and their associated data constitute some of the most valuable assets owned by an enterprise. Therefore, the protection of these assets is an essential part of any CICS mobile project. After a review of the main security challenges, this session outlines the options for securing mobile access to CICS. We consider different CICS mobile solutions including direct access using the CICS TS Feature Pack for Mobile Extensions, secure integration with the IBM Worklight server and using WebSphere DataPower as a mobile security gateway.
- 2241 Enterprise Modernization of CICS Through Mobile EnterpriseThis session describes how one of the world's largest retailers serves millions of customers a week in stores and online - and has expanded this with Mobile. One of the key areas in which they differentiate themselves is their network of distribution centers, which use advanced technology to support a modern, efficient, and cost-effective supply chain. Underpinning their fulfillment process is a Warehouse Management System, based on CICS and running on IBM System z. This session provides an overview of the challenges and benefits of mobile-enabling a CICS application. It explores the technical options available to architects wishing to mobile-enable a CICS application, as well as the approaches that can be taken. The session also covers the key proof points and test scenarios demonstrated with this retailer's warehouse management CICS application.
- 2351 Building Hybrid Application Interfaces using JSPs, Servlets, and PHP with CICS TS Version 5 This session will describe how CICS TS v5.1 can quickly and simply support the creation of modern Mobile Ready interfaces to existing applications. The session will introduce the key technologies including the use of Liberty technology in CICS TS. We will work through a simple scenario to demonstrate the key points. The session will cover the core supporting technologies include in CICS TS v5.1 as well as the Dynamic Scripting Feature Pack and content included in the CICS TS v5.2 Open Beta.
- 2374 The modern mainframe is mobile readyThere are over a billion smartphones in use around the world, and since 2013 there are more mobile internet users than those who use a desktop PC. This explosion in mobile use requires a reliable back end system that can handle the exponential growth your IT infrastructure. CICS is that reliable back end system, and in this session we'll look at the new and existing features of CICS that will enable you support your growing mobile workload. We'll go through the 5 easy steps to go from nothing to CICS and Mobile in under 30 minutes.
- 2377 The mainframe isn't too heavy for the cloudIn this introduction session, we'll overview what cloud really means for you as a business and how the mainframe is still the platform of choice for deploying your cloud infrastructure. We'll look at some of the products available on the mainframe, such as CICS, and how their new and existing features help you to easily adapt to a cloud IT delivery method.
- 2416 The Business Value of Creating a CICS CloudCloud is still often considered to be a hype. But looking at IT trends, directions and budgets most companies have it on their agenda. IDC predicts that the revenue coming from cloud service will triple between 2011 and 2016. But what does that mean for my mainframe? Join the speaker on a discovery tour to see where we are on our journey and where we still need to go.
- 2436 Modernizing the Mainframe, Humana Takes CICS to the Next Level (Client)The landscape of healthcare insurance is changing dramatically, with many uncertainties. Part of the challenge is to ensure that the infrastructure and applications that run the core business have the flexibility, durability, and elasticity to adapt to immediate demands, as well as being strategic for the long term. Come hear how Humana is exploiting the IBM CICS Explorer and CICS tooling in its environment to support modernization activities that will position its core applications to run the business for the foreseeable future.
- 2880 CICS TS v5 Tales from the Trenches: It's all about Efficiency (Client)After 50 years of System z success, one thing is very clear: CICS users are loyal to their apps and for good reason. Today, CICS TS v5 delivers even greater service agility and operational efficiency to help clients integrate their applications with an ever widening array of web and cloud-based resources. Still, each year customers are under pressure to add value, support new workload and reduce the cost of ownership. That's a tall order. This session will highlight customers who are using CICS TS advancements as the foundation for reducing the cost of ownership in the face of increasing workloads.
Client: HostBridge Technology, LLC
- 3073 z/OS and CICS consolidation project at Danske Bank (Client)During recent years the CPU speed has grown and the total capacity on the box has increased to a level where most Z shop can fit into a few boxes. At Danske Bank we have carried out a number of consolidation projects to reduce cost and increase transparency in the infrastructure. The presentation will cover the reasoning behind consolidation, the difficulties in achieving the goal, the cost of executing the projects and the financial and non-financial benfits achieved. After the consolidation projects Danske Bank have realized that there are huge cost reductions to be harvested in a condensed environment, the presentation will cover the technical aspect of these opportunities being realized at Danske Bank in 2014.
Client: Danske Bank