What are portals?
Web portals allow partners, employees and customers to chose their user experience, with personalised applications based on role, context, actions, location, preferences and team collaboration needs. IBM WebSphere Portal software provides a composite application or business mashup framework and the advanced tooling needed to build flexible, SOA-based solutions, as well as the unmatched scalability required by any size organisation.
Learn more (US)
Enabling Exceptional Online Experiences
Announcing IBM Project Northstar - A vision and multi-year roadmap for how our customers can create next-generation, online experiences that are highly engaging, context-aware, and differentiated from the competition.
Portal software products
- Other portal products
- WebSphere Portal Enable (US): adds content and document management, and workflow functions
- WebSphere Portal Extend (US): adds powerful collaborative and electronic forms features
- WebSphere Portal Express (US): Web portal software for small and mid-size businesses
- WebSphere Portal Enable for z/OS (US): Leverage the performance and reliability of z/OS
- WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable (US): Extending WebSphere Portal to a wide range of mobile devices
Learn about WebSphere Portal software
Tools and services
Solutions and components
Free Open Source Portals: Myth, Hype, or Reality?
WebSphere Portal Version 6.1
WebSphere Portal Version 6.1 and related software
Considering a purchase?
Worklight Mobile Platform
Experience the power of Worklight by downloading for trial!
WebSphere Try It Center
No charge downloads for you to try
Why WebSphere Portal?
New initiatives, industry tools and more