Click image for larger view
In a mobile development platform, cross-platform portability of the application code is critical for mobile app development. A variety of methodologies exist to achieve this portability.
IBM Worklight enables the development of rich multiplatform applications using its mobile development studio to address the unique requirements of the organization.
Main mobile development platform features and benefits
- Develop rich HTML5, hybrid and native applications for all supporting modern devices using native code, a bi-directional WYSIWYG, and standard web technologies and tools. Learn more about Worklight's support for HTML5
- Maximize code sharing while defining custom behavior and styling guidelines that match the target environment
- Access device APIs using native code or standard web languages over a uniform PhoneGap bridge
- Utilize both native and standard web languages within the same app to balance development efficiency and a rich user experience
- Leverage the growing ecosystem of 3rd-party tools, libraries and frameworks such as JQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch and Dojo Mobile
- Implement Runtime Skins to build apps that automatically adjust to environment guidelines such as form factor, screen density, HTML support and UI input methods