Intense competition and a volatile economy are driving travel and leisure marketers to seek new ways to connect with airline passengers, hotel guests and car rental customers. With both business and leisure travelers reluctant to spend, and a slow economic recovery, the outlook this year is tentative for revenue per available room (RevPAR), airline passenger revenue, and other industry metrics. As a result, it is critical that hospitality companies leverage marketing to differentiate themselves from the competition, deliver superior customer experience and drive customer loyalty.
Hospitality organizations are utilizing IBM® EMM solutions to target customers with real-time, consistent cross-channel messages around seasonal promotions and loyalty program communications, and analyze customer behavior to determine the optimal targeted promotion strategies. Travel and leisure providers of all sizes rely on IBM's market-leading solutions for their marketing technology needs.
IBM’s solutions help hospitality organizations achieve the following benefits:
- Automate multi-wave, multi-channel campaigns and customer dialogues.
- Streamline booking and research process. Understand research behavior, booking patterns, and post-purchase behavior, and then develop effective strategies for providing a compelling product or package.
- Create consistent customer dialogs across brands and properties.
- Maximize customer-spend-per-visit using pre-stay messages.
- Reduce informational call volumes about resort services by providing marketing information as a service.
- Boost pre-visit committed revenue through targeted cross-sell and up-sell operational messages.
- Identify real-time opportunities to enhance share-of-travel budget.
- Support millions of customer interactions each day with offers at the individual hotel level.
- Centralize all customer communications, both operational and marketing.
- Increase visibility of marketing projects through the establishment of a system of record.
- Improve load factor and occupancy rate through better targeting, cross channel customer dialogs, optimizing loyalty programs and corporate/property collaboration.