A consistently implemented software upgrade strategy can deliver measurable benefits
Performance, productivity, efficiency, security, data analytics, processing and management, storage capacity, collaborative and connectivity concerns impact virtually every organization— large and small. If capabilities and processes aren't evolving to keep pace with new challenges and demands, economic and competitive pressures mount.
In world of business and technology, currency counts
For example, since moving to DB2 more than 4 years ago, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has upgraded from 9.1 to 9.5 and on to 9.7 and saved more than $1 million. Because of the savings, ease of use, performance and reliability of the software, they are now in the process of upgrading to DB2 10. As Andrew Juarez, Lead SAP Basis and DBA, said, "This thing eats data for lunch." To watch the complete interview with Andres Juarez, go to Coca-Cola Bottling Company Reinvests Cost Savings by Switching to DB2
And, Coca-Cola isn't the only company reaping huge upgrade benefits.
Here are just a few examples of upgrade benefits delivered in recently released enhancements to IBM software.
- performance improvements of up to 80%
- 70% reduction in time spent preparing complex reporting
- 40% increase in storage management productivity
- queries that run up to 10 times faster
- storage space compression rates of up to 90 percent
- email storage cost reductions of up to 60%
- administration cost savings of as much as 40%
Is it time to upgrade your capabilities?
Use the 'Recent software releases' module to the right to view software enhancements available for download. See products that you own? Take advantage of your IBM Software Subscription and Support (S&S) benefits. Consider upgrading to the latest release. Learn how.
Get the most from your software investment with S&S
- upgrade to the latest versions and releases of your licensed IBM software via Passport Advantage Online
- download code enhancements, drivers and fixes via the IBM Support Portal
- get notified when new software and support assets become available. Create personalized custom IBM software and support profiles
- make an upgrade, migration, or extended support plan that's best for you. View recent End of Support [EOS] announcements