A consistently implemented software upgrade strategy can deliver measurable benefits
Performance, productivity, efficiency, security, data analytics, processing and management, storage capacity, collaborative and connectivity concerns impact virtually every organization— large and small. If capabilities and processes aren't evolving to keep pace with new challenges and demands, economic and competitive pressures mount.
In world of business and technology, currency counts
Since moving to DB2 more than 4 years ago, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has upgraded from 9.1 to 9.5 and on to 9.7 and saved more than $1 million.
As Andrew Juarez, Lead SAP Basis and DBA, said after upgrading to 9.7, "This thing eats data for lunch." Watch the complete interview with Andrew Juarez.
Because of the savings, ease of use, performance improvements, Coca-Cola Bottling Co, chose to continue their upgrade journey and moved to DB2 10 with BLU acceleration.
Listen to what Andrew Juarez has to say about the results of their latest DB2 upgrade and the measurable benefits upgrading to DB2 10 with BLU acceleration delivered:
- 90-95 percent compression: a 7 gigabyte table is now a 1/2 a gigabyte table
- smaller data which moves through the system faster
- analytics that provide the quick minute decisions essential to stay competitive
- the versatility to run in a mixed mode (rows or columns): best of both world search capabilities improve efficieny and enable us to look at parts of our business we couldn't before.
And, Coca-Cola isn't the only company reaping huge upgrade benefits.
Examples of upgrade benefits delivered in recently released IBM software
- 2x to 10x performance increase for operations using maps in InfoSphere Streams 3.1
- Scalability up to 4 billion objects per Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) 6.4, an 87.5% reduction vs. TSM v5.5
- Up to 4x improved performance improves for clients who upgrade from WebSphere Application Server (WAS) V7 to WAS V8.5 and even more when moving from V6.1 to V8.5
Is it time to upgrade your capabilities?
Use the 'Recent software releases' module to the right to view software enhancements available for download. See products that you own? Take advantage of your IBM Software Subscription and Support (S&S) benefits. Consider upgrading to the latest release. Learn how.
Get the most from your software investment with S&S
- upgrade to the latest versions and releases of your licensed IBM software via Passport Advantage Online
- download code enhancements, drivers and fixes via the IBM Support Portal
- get notified when new software and support assets become available. Create personalized custom IBM software and support profiles
- View recent End of Support [EOS] announcements and make an upgrade or extended support plan that's right for you.
Recent software releases
Your software is a mission critical asset. Our goal is ensure that the software you rely upon works for you today, tomorrow and in the years to come.
End of Support
Make the upgrade, migration, or extended support plan that's best for you.
- Software Subscription and Support
- Agreements and forms
- Brochures and FAQs
- How to enroll
- How to buy
- Passport Advantage Online - Reseller
- Passport Advantage Online - Customer
- Software Subscription and Support videos
- What you should know about Passport Advantage Agreements
- Newly enhanced IBM Software
- Upgrade today