Available for selected IBM Software products, Fixed Term Licenses (FTL) offer you the flexibility to 'use' licensed software for a predefined period. Ideal for customers with varying usage requirements over time, Fixed Term Licenses begin on the date that your order is accepted by IBM and renew automatically on the calendar day following the expiration of a prior Fixed Term License or on the calendar day following the Anniversary date.
Like all IBM Software licenses you acquire through Passport Advantage, Fixed Term Licenses include Software Subscription and Support ensuring your access to product upgrades and Technical Support for as long as the FTL is in effect.
How do I renew my FTL?
Approximately 75 days before the Fixed Term License [FTL] expiration date, you'll receive a renewal quote. You can then:
Renew via Passport Advantage Online. Note: This facility is not currently available in all countries.
- Simply log in.
- Select "Purchase & renewal" then "Renewals" from the left navigator.
- Review and reconcile your Fixed Term License quote.
- Then send it to your reseller for pricing and fulfillment or purchase directly from IBM. If you choose to purchase directly from IBM, you can easily choose the payment method you prefer between invoice, billing with your purchase number, or credit card (subject to availability in your country).
Note: Both FAQs and live assistance are available to help answer any questions you may have.
- Renew directly from IBM or your authorized IBM Business Partner.
- If you prefer, you can rely on Automatic Renewal [where available] to ensure that your Fixed Term License remains in effect.
What if I choose not to renew?
If you choose not to renew the Fixed Term License, you must notify IBM BEFORE the Anniversary date, otherwise, payment of the invoice is due.
- If you have access to your renewals on Passport Advantage Online for customers, you can perform the notification there with just a few clicks.
- If you do not have Passport Advantage Online access, you must notify IBM directly or through your Business Partner in writing of your intention not to renew.
You will then lose the right to use the software at the end of the last day of the term of your license.
If at a later date, you choose to acquire the same product under a Fixed Term License, the Initial FTL is required – you cannot take advantage of the lower-priced Subsequent FTL offering.