Effective May 8, 2006, we are making changes to how we distribute copies of Renewal Quotes to IBM Value Added Distributors [VADs] and their Resellers. This change is being made as a result of a significant number of customer requests to provide each Reseller, through whom they have fulfilled Passport Advantage transactions, with access to their respective renewal information. This change will assist your Reseller[s] with providing you Renewal pricing in a timely manner. This change will replace the current process based on the Reseller of Record [Primary Reseller] you may have provided to IBM on your enrollment form or elsewhere. Resellers, through which you have fulfilled, will access and download Renewal quote information via Passport Advantage Online.
This will not change the way you receive your Renewal Quotes from IBM.
New Process for Renewal Quote Distribution to Resellers starting on May 8, 2006.
Improved Renewal Quote distribution to Resellers
Each Reseller that you have fulfilled through will be able to view the Renewal Quote line items associated with transactions they fulfilled the prior year. This process will enable and assist your Reseller[s] with providing you renewal pricing in a timely manner.
- You can contact your IBM Software Maintenance Renewal Representative [listed on your Renewal Quotation] to request that a specific Reseller be enabled to view your entire Renewal Quote, regardless whether or not they fulfilled the associated products in the prior year.
- You still have a completely open choice about how you handle your renewal.
- You will still be able to log on to Passport Advantage Online for your Site and forward a copy of your quotation to any Reseller you choose for pricing and or fulfillment. There is no limit to the number of Resellers to whom you can forward your quote.
Improvements to Renewal Quote Detail Sheet
- Renewal Quote line items on the Detail Sheet will be grouped by Reseller.
- A subtotal for each Reseller will be displayed.
If you have additional questions, please contact your Business Partner or IBM Software Maintenance Renewal Representative.