Use and maintain
WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3 is part of the MQSeries family of products, and is interoperable with WebSphere MQ V5, V6 and V7.
WebSphere MQ for z/VSE provides application programming services that enable application programs to communicate with each other using message queues.
- Assured delivery:
WebSphere MQ for z/VSE can reduce the risk of data being lost when applications or networks fail. It also helps ensure that data is not duplicated and completes as a single unit of work or transaction.
- Message-driven processing: Applications can be automatically started by messages arriving on a queue using a mechanism known as triggering. If necessary, the applications can be stopped when the message or messages have been processed.
- Time-independent applications: With message queuing, the exchange of messages between the sending and receiving programs is time independent.
- Synchronous applications: WebSphere MQ for z/VSE also provides for synchronous applications. An application can wait for a message to arrive on a queue. The server application can wait for request messages and send reply messages as requests are processed.
- Application Program Interface: WebSphere MQ for z/VSE provides a consistent application programming interface (MQI) across all its supported platforms, which helps make integrated programs portable.
- New version: IBM WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0 is the new version of this product which delivers enhanced manageability, currency, and performance for the IBM z/VSE platform. New features of IBM® WebSphere® MQ for z/VSE™ V3.0 include performance enhancements and support for:
- API crossing exits
- Chained message exits
- WebSphere MQ Explorer in WebSphere MQ Queue Managers V6 and V7 to display and manage both V2.1.2 and V3.0 VSE queue managers
- Channel batch intervals
- Server and requester channels
- WebSphere MQ for z/VSE will participate in distributed queuing with all currently supported V5, V6, and V7 WebSphere MQ products on all supported distributed and z/OS platforms, and with the existing MQSeries for VSE/ESA V2.1.2 product.
View features and benefits