What is SAP Integration
SAP integration is an essential component to optimize the costs and performance of your application investments. You purchased SAP as the platform for your business and need to synchronize key business information across systems and partners. The challenge is to accomplish this necessary integration without embarking on a lengthy, costly and complex project cycle requiring specialized skill-sets and multiple moving-parts to install and maintain.
SAP integration: the “configuration, not coding” approach
IBM created WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration specifically to simplify SAP data migration, consolidation and integration with a “configuration, not coding” approach. WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration for SAP can be used as a standalone product or as a complement to existing SAP integration platforms. This product enables you to complete integration projects in just days and frees IT resources to focus on other aspects of the business.
SAP integration for your enterprise & partners
Rather than implement complex middleware or write custom code, WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration for SAP provides full functionality as well as flexible deployment options to completely map to your organization’s IT strategy. Many SAP implementations involve the need to rapidly migrate and integrate data such as product master, customer master, sales and order invoices with other ERP, CRM and custom-built applications. This product reduces the cost and complexity of these projects and allows you to implement them in days.
Why choose WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration for SAP integration?
WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration for SAP enables IT departments to be nimble and responsive to the needs of the business. This product has been specifically engineered for SAP and provides the agility and flexibility needed to rapidly respond to your organization’s business needs as well as complete data migration, consolidation and integration projects in days.
Fastest time to market:
- Graphical configuration, not coding
- On demand library of pre-built Template Integration Processes (TIPs) for the most common integration scenarios
- Up to 80% lower maintenance costs vs. software-based alternatives
- No need to maintain multiple components including hardware, web servers, databases, integration brokers, etc.
Simplest monitoring and management:
- Proactive alerting of data and connectivity errors
- Monitor from anywhere, anytime
Most rapid, efficient development:
- 100% standards-based; no reliance on native application architectures, coding language or niche middleware skills
- Pre-built and pre-optimized SAP connector including support for custom IDOCs, RFCs, and BAPIs
- Pre-built connectors to other ERP, CRM, customer support systems, flat-files, Web Services, all major databases, messaging systems, and more
"[IBM] Cast Iron not only integrates on-premise SAP to cloud-based Salesforce, but also allows us to provide live Chatter feeds of order data changes to our sales reps on any device, including mobile phones, tablets, and laptops. When sales can get the information it needs, when and how it wants it, productivity soars." Randy Berger - Process and Application IT Manager, Siemens Energy
What SAP integration problems does WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration solve?
WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration solves real-world SAP integration problems such as accessing data in disparate databases, connecting to other applications and exchanging information between business partners. Problems like data extraction, data migration or synchronization between SAP and other systems are easily solved. Companies in many sectors including manufacturing, retail, consumer goods, financial services and distribution rely on this Cloud integration product for SAP to solve the following problems:
|Synchronize data in real time between SAP and other systems:||Connect SAP with:|
• Data migration from other ERP applications
• Customer master with CRM
• Product master and catalog information with SFA and e-commerce portals
• Sales order, shipment and invoice information with customers
• Billing and invoice details with CRM and other billing systems
• POs, ASNs and shipping information with suppliers
• Customer and support case information with customer support systems
• Pricing information with other quoting and SFA applications
• Shipment information and waybill tracking logistics and distribution systems
• Forecasts with supply chain and demand forecasting systems
• Periodic data extracts to external reporting systems and data warehouses
• Other ERP applications including Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, BAAN, QAD, Lawson, Great Plains, NetSuite, etc. |
• CRM including Siebel, salesforce.com, Clarify, Remedy, Oracle, Kana, Vantive, RightNow, etc.
• All major databases including IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, my SQL, Sybase, Progress, Informix, etc.
• SaaS application including Eloqua, Right90, Big Machines, Xactly, and White Springs
• Flat-files using FTP, HTTP(S), E-mail
• XML and Web Services
• Java Messaging Service (JMS)
• Custom applications
• Middleware and all major EAI platforms
• And many more…
Simplify your SAP integration projects
WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration for SAP is self-contained and provides everything needed to migrate data and integrate SAP with other applications and endpoints. This Cloud integration product provides the following features to simplify and accelerate data migration and integration with SAP:
Migration and data quality:
Integration and extraction
Accelerate your projects with template integration processes (TIPs)
With thousands of successful SAP customer integrations, WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration leverages a wealth of integration experience to provide a comprehensive set of TIPs. Offered for the most common integration scenarios between SAP and a number of enterprise applications like salesforce.com, NetSuite, RightNow, SAP, Oracle, etc., these TIPs eliminate the need to build your integrations from scratch. You can simply log in via your browser, select the template that best suits your requirements and enjoy proven, supported and certified processes. The TIPs can also be further customized to meet your specific needs using a simple configuration wizard.