Many of the world’s top chemicals and petroleum organizations use IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and IBM Cognos Planning software and services to:
Maximize supply chain efficiencies
- Monitor and analyze your supply chain with a view to controlling expenses going to labor, supplies, services and other areas across the chain.
- Identify and rein in rogue spending.
- Compare and benchmark raw materials, energy and other suppliers in terms of quality, delivery and price.
Manage to the top and bottom lines
- Analyze and manage sales performance across new and existing markets.
- Monitor fluctuating raw materials costs – such as oil – to better control expenses.
- Improve operational efficiency through better monitoring, reporting and analysis of key metrics and processes.
- Identify high and low performing areas, and automate oil field testing.
Manage the aging workforce
- Understand key staffing and training gaps
- Turn the challenge into a competitive advantage through effective succession planning.
- Get a view into key workforce measures such as headcount and turnover, demographics, compensation and incentives, benefits and new talent recruitment using the IBM Cognos 8 Workforce Performance applications.
Streamline and regulate financial processes
- Perform integrated operational and financial planning in real time for immediate visibility into resource requirements and future business results.
- Consolidate information from common core applications (reserves, production, accounting) to conduct proper variance analysis on volumes and revenue.
- Model distributions and dividends, develop hedging and financing strategies and manage acquisitions and dispositions.
- Automate workflow and aggregation by collecting volume and financial data from chemicals and petroleum source systems.
- Structure your data and reporting processes to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory compliance initiatives.