IBM TXSeries for Multiplatforms Version 6.0 is the next generation of distributed CICS®. It is an entry level non-J2EE™ transaction server, and a rapid deployment non-J2EE™ integration server. It has been proven in enterprises for over a decade to deliver modern, reusable, business critical applications across a range of platforms, usually in support of larger mainframe and J2EE application deployments.
TXSeries for Multiplatforms Version 6.0 provides a vastly simplified environment where the previous dependencies on separate DCE and Encina® products have been completely removed. Equivalent function is now provided in two core components:
- Entry-level CICS On-Line Transaction Processor (OLTP)
- Integrated CICS Structured File Server (SFS)
- TXSeries is an entry level non-J2EE transaction server.
- It offers base level CICS programming interfaces, enabling industry-specific COBOL, C, C++, PL/1 and Core Java™ specialists to create simple solutions for business-critical transaction processing. It is the only distributed OLTP designed to enable you to scale up to CICS Transaction Server on the mainframe if your business requirements grow.
- TXSeries is a rapid deployment non-J2EE integration server.
- It has extensive support for many enterprise information systems (EIS) including IBM CICS Transaction Server, IMS, DB2®, WebSphere® MQ®, and WebSphere Application Server. It can communicate using TCP/IP and SNA based communication protocols enabling the rapid integration of distributed applications and systems.
- New in TXSeries for Multiplatforms Version 6.0: