Eclipse-based integration platform for z/OS tools
IBM® Explorer for z/OS® (z/OS Explorer) is an Eclipse-based integration platform for z/OS users that enables the integration of a wide variety of solutions using IBM, vendors, or customer plug-ins. z/OS Explorer is extendable via the IBM repository of compatible products to fulfill each user's roles and responsibilities. For example, z/OS Explorer, powered by IBM product plug-ins from the repository can provide a single workbench with the ability to develop, and test CICS, DB2, WebSphere MQ, IMS, and batch applications and manage related sub-systems.
IBM Explorer for z/OS delivers extensible workstation connectivity to key z/OS functions with:
- Rich views and functions — give simple and secure access to z/OS datasets, IBM zSeries File System (zFS) files, and Job Entry Subsystem (JES) jobs and output. Create new members. Edit and submit JCL. Review job output—even for active jobs with a z/OSMF connection. Use our APIs to enhance your own plug-ins.
- Connection framework — provides consistent configuration, change, and sharing of all system connections, including to FTP and z/OSMF. Plug-in developers can add new connection types using the z/OS Explorer SDK. Benefit from single sign-on, SSL, password phrases, proxy servers, and more.
- Delivery and deployment options — z/OS Explorer is available as an Eclipse-based Rich Client Platform (RCP) executable, and a plug-in for inclusion in compatible RCPs. The z/OS Explorer plug-in is also pre-packaged with CICS Explorer, IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio, Rational Developer for System z, and IMS Enterprise Explorer.
- IBM repository of compatible products — can be accessed directly from z/OS Explorer so users can pick and choose IBM products to create their custom workbench. The repository currently includes plug-ins for CICS Explorer, CICS Tools, IBM Problem Determination Tools, IBM Data Studio, IMS Enterprise Suite Explorer for Development, a trial version of Rational Developer for System z, Rational Team Concert, and WebSphere MQ Explorer.
- Application Development — Rational Developer for System z, an integrated, multiplatform development environment with modern, simple-to-use application development solutions for the enterprise and Rational team Concert which provides collaborative development and change management capabilities, can be accessed along with plug-ins for CICS, problem determination, and data management tools.
- Entitlement — z/OS Explorer is available for use by all customers with a license for a supported version of z/OS. Third-party software vendors and customers can integrate their plug-ins with z/OS Explorer with no IBM product dependency, other than z/OS.