Notice to users: the IBM Globalize your business web site will be sunset in the near future, current target is mid July.
This collection of guidelines will help developers design software solutions that will work in all countries, languages, and cultures. When coupled with multicultural support and a translated user interface, your business applications can be used in any region of the world.
The guidelines are most effective when applied early in the design stage. Each guideline addresses a real issue that was encountered by development teams and ultimately solved. Following the guidelines will result in savings of both time and money throughout the application development life cycle.
- Guidelines quick reference
- Guideline A: User interface
- Guideline B: Writing for an international audience
- Guideline C: Respect for culture & conventions
- Guideline D: Product structure in a globalized environment
- Guideline E: Input and output interfaces
- Guideline F: Coded character sets
- Guideline G: Introducing Asian ideographic scripts
- Guideline H: Languages with a bi-directional script
- Guideline I: The cursive Arabic script