Product structure in a globalized environment
Few designers control the entire environment for their products. Hardware and software do not exist in isolation. Your product may call upon services offered by the underlying layers of software and the platform, and may also need to interact with a myriad of other products. Before starting development, you must consider several guidelines about the structure and architecture of your products. These guidelines are at a high level of design and form the core of effective globalization design practice.
Need assistance with your globalization questions?
- Guidelines quick reference
- A: User interface
- B: Writing for an international audience
- C: Respect for culture and conventions
- D: Product structure in a globalized environment
- E: Input and output interfaces
- F: Coded character sets
- G: Introducing Asian ideographic scripts
- H: Languages with a bidirectional script
- I: The cursive Arabic script