E11: Paper sizes
Accommodating different paper sizes
As mentioned in Rule C4 - Allowing the Selection of Paper Size different regions use different paper sizes.
Accommodate the local paper sizes in the printer.
Example: John imported a printer made in the USA into Europe, discovered that the paper tray was designed with the North American paper sizes in mind, and therefore cannot hold his A4 sheets.
Need assistance with your globalization questions?
- Guidelines quick reference
- A: User interface
- B: Writing for an international audience
- C: Respect for culture and conventions
- D: Product structure in a globalized environment
- E: Input and output interfaces
- F: Coded character sets
- G: Introducing Asian ideographic scripts
- H: Languages with a bidirectional script
- I: The cursive Arabic script