D5: Selecting development tools
Selecting development tools
It is important for developers to have tools available that support the environment in which they work.
Select development tools and hosting tools that support the target languages and character sets.
For example, a content management system should have a mechanism to handle multilingual data; a forms processing tool must be able to handle the potential character sets of the users.
Need assistance with your globalization questions?
- Guidelines quick reference
- A: User interface
- B: Writing for an international audience
- C: Respect for culture and conventions
- D: Product structure in a globalized environment
- E: Input and output interfaces
- F: Coded character sets
- G: Introducing Asian ideographic scripts
- H: Languages with a bidirectional script
- I: The cursive Arabic script