This collection of guidelines will help developers design software solutions that will work in all countries, languages, and cultures. When coupled with multicultural support and a translated user interface, your business applications can be used in any region of the world.
The guidelines are most effective when applied early in the design stage. Each guideline addresses a real issue that was encountered by development teams and ultimately solved. Following the guidelines will result in savings of both time and money throughout the application development life cycle.
- Guidelines quick reference
- Guideline A: User interface
- Guideline B: Writing for an international audience
- Guideline C: Respect for culture & conventions
- Guideline D: Product structure in a globalized environment
- Guideline E: Input and output interfaces
- Guideline F: Coded character sets
- Guideline G: Introducing Asian ideographic scripts
- Guideline H: Languages with a bi-directional script
- Guideline I: The cursive Arabic script
Need assistance with your globalization questions?