|Name||Simplified Chinese Extended - PC|
|Last revision date||9/12/2007|
|Countries/regions||People's Republic of China (PRC)|
|Maximal character set||01188|
|Other character set||01185 01239|
1. Code points X'01' through X'1F' and X'7F' may be controls or graphics depending on context. For displays the hexadecimal code in a memory-mapped video display buffer is a graphic. For printers the graphics context is established by a preceding control sequence in the data stream ESC X'7E08' named Print All Characters. In other situations the code points in question are used as controls.|
2. Code points X'1A' and a combination of X'0D' and X'0A' are widely used by operating systems and application programs for IBM Personal Computers and other small computers to indicate End-of-File and End-of-Record respectively.
3. This code page is intended primarily to be used in conjunction with Simplified Chinese DBCS-PC. Code points X'81' through X'FC' specify the first byte of the double-byte code.
4. Prior to the registration 1994-06 character set 01239 was known as GCSGID 01174.
5. Sept 12 2007 - Changed registration category to "Restricted" as this CP is targetted to be tagged as "Obsolete". However there are still 'active' CCSIDs that reference this CP.
All code pages © Copyright IBM Corporation 1986