|Name||Japan PC #1|
|Last revision date|
|Maximal character set||01164|
|Other character set||00999 01122 01170 01171|
1. Code points X'01' through X'1F' and X'7F' may be controls or graphics depending on context. For displays the hexadecimal code in a memory-mapped video display buffer is a graphic. For printers the graphics context is established by a preceding control sequence in the data stream ESC X'7E08' named Print All Characters. In other situations the code points in question are used as controls.|
2. Code point X'1A' and a combination of X'0D' and X'0A' are widely used by operating systems and application programs for IBM Personal Computers and other small computers to indicate End-of-File and End-of-Record respectively.
3. This code page is intended primarily to be used in conjunction with Japanese DBCS-PC Code Page 00301. Code points X'81' through X'9F' and X'E0' through X'FC' specify the first byte of the double-byte code.
4. This code page is also known as Code Page 00897 Version 1.
5. Code page 1041 is a superset of 897 and contains 5 additional characters.
All code pages © Copyright IBM Corporation 1986, 1992, 1999, 2016