InfoSphere Information Server for Data Quality V11.3 enable data quality that is sustainable over time because of ease of use and flexibility.
New features increase the awareness of data quality across the organization, raising the priority and ease of maintaining data quality.
Key enhancements that enable sustainable data quality include:
- Governance Dashboard: The InfoSphere Information Governance Dashboard and its companion SQLViews (a fully described query layer to key metadata) are now included as part of the integrated Information Server installer. Reports have been expanded to include analysis of critical business elements that lack a data steward owner. Additionally, InfoSphere Information Server now includes entitlement to IBM Cognos Business Intelligence components to support the organizational rollout of your data governance program to both IT and line of business users.
- Matching Stewardship: "clerical pairs" (i.e. records that are close matches but require review) are now available in the Data Quality Console. Records are displayed in an intuitive format to facilitate investigation of the source data elements and related match scores.
- Enhanced Suite Productivity: leverages the data connections and imported metadata from the InfoSphere Metadata Asset Manager (IMAM) components and no longer requires a discrete metadata import activity. The Data Rule stage (for use within the job designer), is also enhanced with a drag and drop development experience.
- Performance Optimizations: new, faster algorithms for multi-column primary key detection, the ability to take full advantage of parallelism in column analysis, bulk-load write to the analysis database, and optimized client/server communication to reduce network traffic.
- Operational Quality Rules: provides pre-built data rules that introspect Operational Metadata in order to help operations teams monitor how the data integration platform is meeting the service level agreements and best practices of the organization.