InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay allows organizations to leverage workload capture and replay capabilities during testing to improve customer satisfaction, help reduce costs and meet SLAs.
When testing teams use actual production workloads for testing rather than simulated scenarios, they establish a broad approach which supports the on time delivery functionality within budget and to specification.
What’s the value?
- Better coordination between analysts, developers, DBAs and testers
- Teams aligned teams based on project plans
- Improved ability to track the impact of data lifecycle events across systems
- Consistent sets of reports that support a common understanding and enhance communication
With InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay organizations are better equipped to overcome challenges associated with:
- Migrations or Upgrades: Moving to a new platform (from Linux to AIX), moving to a different DBMS (from Oracle to DB2), moving to the latest version of the DBMS or applying a fixpack
- Tuning: Incorporating physical database design changes (such as new indexes); identifying how a new index will impact existing access plans and overall performance
- Increased data support: Testing the impact of increased data volume; maintaining stable performance as data volume rises
- Consolidation or retirements: Eliminate rarely used or legacy databases, consolidate database instances
- Application deployment, enhancements or changes: Testing the database with different application code to ensure high available, functionality and performance
The InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay support heterogeneous enterprise environments including custom applications, ERP solutions and all platforms including Windows, Unix/Linux and IBM z/OS. InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay also helps organizations embrace a new era of computing by supporting testing in the cloud and big data systems.