The 9700 is a trusted information platform offering high performance data warehouse management with unequaled security (ELA5+) of unmatched availability & recoverability.
The 9700 is a hybrid system built from the MPP of the DB2 Analytics Accelerator and SMP of System z technologies; merging fit-for-purpose and mixed workload capabilities into a single system for both transaction and analytical applications on a single platform for operational business analytics.
- Able to run transaction processing applications and analytics applications on one machine, enabling users to analyze data and utilize it at the time of decision.
- Simplifies the process of deploying operational analytics while cutting the cost of running analytics on System z
- A platform of unequaled security (ELA5+) with unmatched availability and recoverability.
- The most reliable system platform with highly scalable servers and storage.
- A trusted information platform offering high performance data warehouse management and storage optimization.
- An analytics platform that can support operational analytics, deep mining, and analytical reporting with minimal data movement.
- The ability to perform operational analytics with the same quality of services as your OLTP environment on System z.
- The base offering is surrounded by a complete set of optional packs to enable customers to custom tailor the system to their unique needs.
- An Information Analytics Pack that includes both Cognos BI and SPSS
- Embedded analytics that can be deployed within the application or the database, providing maximum flexibility in operational analytics
- Data Integration Pack providing data movement and transformation, data discovery, real-time delivery with complete metadata management and linage.
- FastStart set of services to enable the quickest time to value with the least amount of staff impact