Wireless Telecom service provider industry continues to see a huge growth. The rapid emergence of smart phones, 3G/4G networks has resulted in wide spread SMS usage, cell phone based internet access in addition to regular wireless based phone calls. This has resulted in a deluge of context and time sensitive data for telco providers to handle in order to serve their customers effectively, maximize their asset utilization and proactively retain their most profitable customers.
- Process Call Data in Real Time and predict customer churn: Powerful real time analytics can help process CDRs and IPDRs in real time to predict and prevent customer churn proactively. Streams based analytics can help identify ‘centroids’ or ‘group leaders’ within subscriber base easily using sophisticated network graphs etc.
- Issue Marketing Promotions and analyze their success in real time: As Streams processed the call data (CDRs), it can help trigger promotions to a selected set of customers within the subscriber based on a predefined set of business rules. In addition, Streams can also help determine the extent of success of these promotions within minutes of initiating a promotion for the analysts to take necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure high utilization of expensive network assets: Streams can help initiate region specific real-time marketing promotions help ensure better utilization of expensive network infrastructure equipment and add to bottom line. This requires understanding of geo spatial location of the callers within its subscriber base and targeting them effectively.
- Incremental Revenue from Newer Marketing Promotions: Provide a platform to run powerful geo spatial analytics on subscribers to better understand their location patters and cross sell / upsell additional services and promotions from partners vendors.
- Other key use cases: Streams can help run analytics that help filter SMS spam and SMS fraud in Real Time.