Technological advancements in market data delivery allow institutions and their trading operations to run operations 24x7. High performance and low latency are the imperatives. Additionally, regulatory bodies are enforcing complex regulations. IBM Stream Computing enables predictive analytics of data in motion for real-time decisions allowing financial institutions to capture and analyze data - all the time, just in time.
- Market data handling: Make trade recommendations with microsecond latencies and scale to handle massive amounts of data in real-time. Support proprietary trading strategies and easily scale up and down at runtime.
- Connectivity: Connect to widely used market data sources and industry systems such as the Financial Information eXchange (FIX), QuantLib, Black-Scholes options and liquidity management.
- Accelerators: Calculate equity option derivative values out of the box with built-in accelerator analytics.
- Real-time support: Ingest and manage data to support equities, derivates, commodity and forex trading. Incorporate additional contextual awareness (news, weather etc) into trading decisions. Complete cross asset pricing in real-time.
- Manage risk: Continuously monitor trading to identify fraud in real-time and better manage liquidity.
Results: lower risk, cost and fraud while enabling faster more informed transactions.