Turn Big Data into Trusted Information with IBM InfoSphere Information Server
IBM InfoSphere Information Server provides a rich set of information integration and governance capabilities that enable you to integrate big data with your traditional enterprise data and gain critical business insights.
- Reduced time to value by providing Business/IT collaboration tools that enable business users to articulate policies and objectives in plain language that IT can pick up and apply to the big data projects
- Reduced total cost of ownership from InfoSphere Information Servers parallel processing engine and end-to-end integration for Hadoop
- Significant time savings from high-speed load to target systems (e.g., Netezza)
- Faster decision making from ability to operationalize insights from streaming information into enterprise systems
InfoSphere Information Server provides the information integration and governance capabilities necessary to make any big data platform project successful.
Governance and data quality capabilities include:
- Create well documented, end-to-end information blueprints to ensure you have aligned your business requirements with your enterprise and reference architecture before starting your big data project
- Establish a common business language and manage business perspectives about information, aligning those views with the IT perspective
- Automate the discovery of relationships within and across data sources to accelerate project deployment. Manage and explore data lineage to create trusted information that supports data governance and compliance efforts
- Monitor and maintain your data quality. Establish data quality metrics aligned with business objectives that enable you to quickly uncover data quality issues and establish remediation plans.
With governance policies in place, data can now be cleansed and integrated. InfoSphere Information Server provides powerful data integration and data quality capabilities including:
- Explore and harness value from big data by integrating data on demand across multiple sources and targets, while satisfying the most complex requirements
- Take advantage of connectivity to DBMS, Hadoop (HDFS, DW’s, etc), messaging queues, ERP and other packaged applications, industry formats, and mainframe systems … all with unique native API connectivity and parallelism
- Save time and expense by leveraging hundreds of built-in transformation functions, and promote collaboration through a common metadata framework
- Benefit from balanced optimization capabilities and choose the deployment options (ETL, ELT, etc) that work best for you
- Automate, in batch or in real time, source data investigation, data standardization, and record matching - all based on business rules you define
- Provide a solid foundation for governance efforts with information integration, lifecycle management, and security and privacy initiatives