Business Drivers for Healthcare
Instant access to information, mobile banking, movies by mail -, consumers are demanding higher levels of service and greater convenience. The healthcare industry is running to catch up. Payment reform, new government regulations and increased competition are further complicating this race. Smarter healthcare organizations are meeting these higher expectations, improving the quality of care and differentiating themselves by using information to transform healthcare delivery.
6 Ways MDM Makes Healthcare Smarter
Master data management helps make healthcare smarter. MDM enables healthcare organizations to connect disparate pieces of patient, provider and member information across hospitals, clinics and lines of business, into a single, actionable view. Armed with a complete picture of the patient, member or provider:
- Care providers can improve care by consistently sharing information with the hospitals, labs and specialists they refer to without compromising patient confidentiality
- Healthcare organizations can implement advanced analytics, to pinpoint emerging opportunities for better patient care
- Hospitals and insurance plans can ensure a consistent patient experience, whether in person, online, or by mobile phone
- Health insurance plans can craft targeted product bundles and encourage treatment protocols based on demonstrated outcomes
- State agencies and HIEs can establish an infrastructure that encourages transparency and accountability for improved care delivery
- Healthcare organizations can speed systems rationalization projects after mergers and acquisitions
IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management helps healthcare organizations strengthen patient, provider and member loyalty, improve the quality of care, lower operating costs and support compliance.
Solutions for healthcare
Creating a single view of the insurance customer with data integration and master data management
5 Steps for to Healthy Data
The Case for Master Data Management in Healthcare
More Big Changes Ahead in Healthcare – Is Your House in Order?
Learn why health systems need to treat and value information as an enterprise asset
Master data governance
Strengthen your master data management program with trusted data and continuous data quality improvement
Master data management
Explore how MDM’s well-defined approach augments the value of big data by giving it structure and meaning.