InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS
Replicates data between IMS databases and also enables IMS as a source for IBM's InfoSphere Change Data Capture solutions to help increase the availability of IMS data.
IBM InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS helps increases the availability of IMS data whether it is for a continuous availability strategy or ensuring the timely distribution of critical enterprise information.
- Helps eliminate geographic limitations - Unlike typical hardware-based solutions, InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS is capable of replicating data across unlimited geographic distances. This means a secondary site can be physically located in a remote location where it would not be affected by regional disasters, hence ensuring that the data is still available.
- Helps achieve minimal recovery time objectives (RTOs) - With a hardware only solution using highly geographically dispersed primary and secondary environments, the time needed to recover from a primary system failure often exposes the business to prolonged outages. InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS is a software-based solution designed to minimize the recovery time from primary system failure, making it a key element in a strategy to avoid compliance and financial penalties that result when service level agreements are not met. In fact, when combined with IBM workload monitoring and automatic recovery solutions, the time to recovery can be reduced to seconds.
- Support for mixed IMS workloads - With support for both transactional IMS workloads and batch jobs, InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS is a flexible solution designed to handle diverse workload requirements to efficiently replicate data between IMS databases.
- Flexible, unified monitoring - InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS provides a consistent view for monitoring the replication environment with an application programming interface (API) to facilitate automation, and an intuitive graphical interface. Access to other standard monitoring tools, such as IBM Tivoli, is also supported.
- Metadata import/export - To facilitate moving replication configurations between test, development, and production environments, the underlying metadata of InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS can be easily imported and exported to reduce the amount of re-configuration that would otherwise be required.
- High scalability and performance - By leveraging parallelism for applying data, InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS is designed to achieve high performance and throughput to meet demanding enterprise data volume to ensure primary and backup systems are consistently in sync.
- Support for IBM Change Data Capture Solutions: This ensures that IBM InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS, enables both homogeneous IMS database replication (IMS to IMS) as well as IMS database sourcing for heterogeneous replication (IMS to relational databases, message queues, distributed files and remote applications such as IBM InfoSphere DataStage)
Additional products, services and solutions
Virtually consolidates data from mainframe data sources help simplify information accessibility and reduce manual coding requirements.
Offers a new paradigm in disaster recovery solutions moving from a failover model to a continuous availability model.