IBM InfoSphere BigInsights v2.0
A core component of IBM’s big data platform, IBM InfoSphere BigInsights builds on open source Apache Hadoop with IBM unique innovations including a sophisticated text analytics module, IBM BigSheets for data exploration, and a variety of performance, reliability, security and administrative features. This rich set of capabilities allows clients to cost-effectively analyze a wide variety and large volume of data in its native format to gain insights that were not previously possible.
Hadoop is a collection of many different low level open source projects and tools. Building and deploying a Hadoop application is extremely complex and requires specialty expertise. IBM has brought the individual Hadoop components into a single product together with value-add capabilities that significantly enhance and simplify application development, implementation, and management for enterprises. With InfoSphere BigInsights, clients can realize the full potential of big data to gain competitive advantage, optimize day-to-day operations, and derive a micro-level understanding of customer attitudes, trends and relationships.
Enterprise Class – What IBM does best.
- All the Hadoop components seamlessly packaged into a single product together with value-add capabilities to simplify application development and accelerate time to value.
- Delivers the management, security, reliability and usability features necessary for large-scale deployments.
- Integration with the rest of your enterprise infrastructure
- Backed by premiere global support, services and consulting offerings.
- Hardware offerings optimized for InfoSphere BigInsights.
Built for Analytics: Application Accelerators – Text, Social and Machine Data Analytics
- A platform for a new class of analytical applications such as customer experience analysis, social media analysis, and fraud detection.
- Analyzes data in its native format, without imposing a schema or structure, enabling fast adhoc analytics.
- Includes a vast library of predefined extractors together with development tools to build custom extractors.
- Built-in support for 8 languages including English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Chinese and Japanese.
- Analyzes large volumes of various types of social media data with real-time processing, enabling sentiment analytics, intent to purchase
- Ingests, parses and extracts a wide variety of machine data, providing faceted search for easy navigation and discovery and visualization for easy analysis of the data
True Open Source Support – For flexibility.
- InfoSphere BigInsights is truly built on top of open source Hadoop. It sits on top and enhances any Hadoop open source distribution with advanced analytics, performance optimizations, tooling, and packaging to make it enterprise-ready.
- Use the built-in Hadoop distribution provided with InfoSphere BigInsights or the distribution of your choice.
- Out of the box integration with the Cloudera CDH distribution of Hadoop allows Cloudera users to take advantage of InfoSphere BigInsights enterprise-class features and advanced analytics capabilities to analyze any type of big data.
Professional-grade tooling for all roles – Visualization, Monitoring, Development
- Business Users
- A centralized dashboard to visualize analytic results
- Application linking for easy application building
- New applications to provide enhanced data support capability
- Data Scientists
- R integration
- Modular AQL support
- New monitoring capabilities
- New and enhanced editors (New: workflow, Pig; Enhanced: Jaql)
- Unified tooling for Big Data application development lifecycle
User Focused – Easy to develop, manage and explore.
- BigInsights makes it easy for people to build big data applications without having to become Hadoop experts
- BigInsights brings consumability with a rich set of tools designed for all users to develop and leverage big data, speed and simply application development.
- Web-based management console that supports product installation, launching and publishing of applications, job monitoring, and file system navigation.
- IBM BigSheets making data accessible to data scientists and business users for data exploration, discovery, and analysis.
- Interactive workflow and visualization across your data
Integrated- For maximum value.
- Simplifies and accelerates the introduction of big data technologies to your enterprise by enabling integration with your information supply chain including, databases, data warehouses, business intelligence applications, information integration solutions and more.
Platform Approach – For all your big data needs.
InfoSphere BigInsights is part of a complete big data platform that includes: stream computing and data warehousing.