Why upgrade to IBM Informix 12.1?
The latest release of IBM® Informix® is more powerful yet simpler than ever, offering exceptional performance, reliability, efficiency and value to businesses of all sizes. We are confident that our valued Business Partners and clients will continue to reap the benefits they’ve come to expect from Informix by taking advantage of a wide range of enhancements in the latest release including:
- Lower cost of ownership — The only database that can be provisioned on heterogeneous, commodity hardware, different operating systems and different database versions. Deep compression of data, indexes and blobs increases performance and reduces storage use. Additional automated features increase productivity and optimize your environment without manual intervention.
- Real-time analytics — A complete infrastructure for creating data warehouse applications plus the ability to perform speed-of-thought analytics for rapid business decisions. Deep integration and transparency between its OLTP and OLAP environments means Informix can power both types of applications and successfully meet service-level agreements (SLAs) for each.
- Continuous availability — The industry's most comprehensive set of high-availability options eliminates downtime for planned and unplanned outages, enables rolling upgrades, and keeps data available in case of hardware failure. Enhancements to Connection Manager provide the ability to manage clusters without network communications between the nodes.
- Easier administration — Manage all Informix servers including clustered grid environments from a single location using a single-dashboard. New heat maps identify hotspots and provide graphical usage information for fast and easy tuning. On the go? Monitor Informix servers using a smart device.
- Cloud-ready — As a software-only solution that does not require expensive hardware components, Informix is ideal for private cloud deployments. Informix has a profile and feature set that lends itself to virtualization and is widely deployed in virtualized environments.