Informix for Cloud Computing - Why Informix?
Many IT service providers face common infrastructure challenges of scalability, flexibility, interoperability and quick access. Capital investments, disaster recovery, and managing complex environments incur considerable cost. Even scheduled downtime for application upgrades can negatively impact multiple departments and users.
Hence today’s businesses are embracing the virtualization and automation of cloud computing to decrease costs and increase the deliverables of their IT departments.
The time-tested characteristics of Informix – high performance, reliability, ease of use, and low cost of ownership, combined with the latest features such as Informix Flexible Grid, make it an excellent fit for cloud computing. Informix provides the ability to:
Informix on the private cloud
- Use Informix in IBM SmartCloud Enterprise
- Use Informix in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Informix Flexible Grid - A Different Way of Looking at Database Servers - By Nicholas Geib, database Trends and Application (Link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Informix Flexible Grid - High-availability options for platform-independent systems
- Cloud computing technical resources - articles, tutorials, demos, events, and more.
Upgrading to Informix
Find solutions, industry reports, white papers, videos and more