IBM Industry Models V8.4 include a proven set of business-centric blueprints that promote business and IT collaboration on requirements design and IT standardization and implementation. They deliver innovative content in Insurance models to address the latest regulatory and business information.
IBM Industry Models are developed to:
- Enable business users to easily scope and customize their own requirements
- Facilitate step-by-step business-focused development and rollout
- Present regularly updated business, technical, and regulatory content
- Create open technology platforms for any application or integration solution
- Manage definitions and standards in complex business and IT environments
- Integrate with IBM Component Business Model (CBM) used for business re-engineering
- Offer common business definitions across the data, process, and services layers of an enterprise
Updated model content includes:
Insurance Information Warehouse 8.4 and 8.4.1 (IIW)
Insurance Information Warehouse V8.4 offers a set of deliverables, consisting of various models, which are rich in regulatory content. These models help you remain compliant with business and technical regulations. Insurance Information Warehouse V8.4 delivers a roadmap that enables role players in an Insurance Information Warehouse project to understand what the Insurance Information Warehouse solution deliverables are and how to use them in practice. It delivers expertise and assistance by offering:
- Regulatory compliance support for Solvency II centered on QIS5 and CP58 to help clients understand their Solvency II data and reporting requirements
- Kimball dimensional model approach based on business solution templates enable integration with IBM Netezza and OLAP environments such as IBM Cognos. (8.4.1)
- Requirement analysis for the insurance domain
- Common business language
- An integrated framework, providing a standard approach
- A mechanism to accelerate IT projects
- An enterprise-wide design model
- Sample IBM Cognos business intelligence reports
Banking Process and Service 8.4
Banking Process models help clients speed up optimization of business processes, compliance projects, and service models, thereby accelerating implementation of new core systems and SOA projects. Banking Process and Service Models V8.4 delivers new business content in the areas of:
- Payments: target customer feedback such as payment instruction creation.
- Direct debits: create and establish direct debit mandate based on the SEPA Core Direct Debit Scheme rulebook.
- Cards data management: support card process enhancements based on SEPA Cards Framework 2.1 and US Federal Reserve Act: Credit Card Act of 2009 (H.R. 627).
- New process content includes Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) 2.0 format.
Banking Data Warehouse and Banking & Financial Markets Data Warehouse 8.4
The banking sector continues to strive for better reporting, credit, risk, and liquidity management. The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision has released the next iteration of standards known as Basel III, focusing on liquidity risk measurement, standards, and monitoring. V8.4 delivers new content in the areas of:
- Basel II: upgrades existing content based on the directives outlined in Guidelines for Computing Capital for Incremental Risk in the Trading Book and Revisions to the Basel II Market Risk Framework - Final Version.
- Basel III: focuses on the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) 101 and 102 reports.
- Systemic risk: provides support for systemic risk as outlined in the National Institute of Finance Act of 2010.
- Kimball dimensional model approach based on business solution templates enable integration with IBM Netezza and OLAP environments such as IBM Cognos.
- Multi-channel banking/customer relationship management (CRM): Improve channel definition to include various modern banking channels with support for web/mobile analytics and post-click marketing
- Cards data management: focus on the areas of card fees analysis, card loyalty analysis, payment card merchant analysis, individual credit assessment analysis, and payment card fraud analysis
- Islamic banking: support main Islamic banking arrangements, funds and instruments, and Islamic banking profitability analysis
- Advanced Securities: updated content in the areas of securities, trading status, analytics, and credit rating to handle more complex derivatives.
Telecommunications Data Warehouse 8.4
The Telecommunications Data Warehouse offers communications providers predefined content for data warehousing to help provide trusted information to the right people at the right time. V8.4 delivers new content in the following areas:
- Common Customer View. Integrating customer identifiers, organizational structures and account hierarchies across lines of business and functions.
- Product Lifecycle Management. Integrating product management and performance measurement across lines of business and functions.
- Campaign Performance Management. Improving program planning and tracking of sales and marketing activities and performance metrics across channels and touch points
- Service Management. Analyze Usage, Availability and Customer Experience of new services, self-service and new monetary services
- Defining statutory and corporate standards
- Further alignment to the TMForum Information Frameworx (SID) model.
- Reporting through sample Cognos reports for subject areas important to service providers
Health Plan Data Model 8.4
The Health Plan Data Model offers health plan provider providers predefined content for data warehousing to help provide trusted information to the right people at the right time. V8.4 delivers new content in the following areas:
- Measuring the cost and effectiveness of health care outcomes, based on the latest regulations
- Assessing the effectiveness of health care providers and negotiate reimbursement rates accordingly
- Communication with other health plans and providers, based on the most current attributes of good health care
- A basis for defining statutory and corporate standards
- Foundation for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) 5010 specification
- Updates to the NCQA Healthcare Effectiveness and Data Information Set (HEDIS) standard
- Assistance with regulatory reporting of Medical Loss Ratios, and International Classification of Diseases ICD -9 and ICD-10
What’s new in other versions