IBM Industry Models version 8.1 feature enhanced industry content and tooling for the banking, insurance, and health plans models. These models accelerate business requirements, deployment and user acceptance of performance management solutions based on IBM Industry Models, IBM InfoSphere Information Server, InfoSphere Warehouse and IBM Cognos 8 BI.
Specifically, this new version contains:
- New banking process model content for trade finance, payments and corporate actions.
- New Rational Data Architect (RDA) native business glossary and logical models for Banking, Insurance, Health Plan and Financial Markets for tighter and streamlined InfoSphere Information Server, InfoSphere Business Glossary and Cognos 8 BI integration.
- Enhanced Enterprise Model Extender (EME) for RDA capabilities for multi-user and source control management integration, plus, scope management extensions to accelerate and simplify lifecycle management.
The release enables new and existing clients, who have invested in the IBM Industry Data Models, to take greater advantage of the InfoSphere and Cognos portfolio to accelerate their industry specific, performance management solutions.
Here are some of the new capabilities in more detail:
Enhanced Content: banking process model content including:
- Trade Finance: Addition of Trade Finance content to Process and Service models that allows financial institutions to re-engineer and streamline their trade finance offerings from both a Business and IT perspective.
- Payments: IBM has extended the Payments Services models to support Payment Initiation (PAIN) messages in addition to the existing Payment, Clearing, and Settlement (PACS) messages. Each of these components are key aspects of the Single Euro Payments Area initiative.
- Corporate Actions: IBM has extended the Corporate Actions subject area by adding the Services models to the existing Process Models which were delivered in version 8.0.
Enhance Tooling: Tighter integration with InfoSphere Information Server with the Banking (BDW), Insurance (IIW), Health Plan Data Model (HPDM) and Financial Markets (FMDW) Data Models:
- IBM will deliver and support the Statement of Record, Summary, and Analysis models in native Rational Data Architect (RDA) logical data format.
- IBM has created RDA business glossary models based on the conceptual and requirements models from each of these industries, thus enabling the content to be delivered and integrated with InfoSphere Information Server (using InfoSphere Metadata Server) using the native meta-brokers available to RDA users. The glossary models will be linked to the logical data models enabling tighter linkage between business concepts and definitions and the downstream physical implementation.
- IBM has migrated version 8.0 of the Health Plan Data Models to the Enterprise Model Extender environment from MMM. With this migration, customers can now take advantage of a more robust and functional modeling environment, resulting in higher quality models and integration capabilities.
- Native Rational Data Architect (RDA) data models for Banking, Insurance, Financial Markets and Health Plan deliver simplified usage by InfoSphere Information Server (especially InfoSphere Business Glossary, InfoSphere Information Analyzer, InfoSphere FastTrack and IBM Cognos 8 BI)
- Enhanced data model tooling and additional support for IBM Health Plan Data Model. Native RDA format models: Data Models – Logical Data Models – System of Record, Summary and Analysis; Conceptual and Requirements. New Multi-user, source code control (SCCS) options and reporting capabilities.
- IBM Enterprise Model Extender for Rational Data Architect (new Base Tooling). Multi-user and source control management integration. Scope management extension.
What’s new in other versions